Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
The Villages
I just joined the forum, and am pretty new to ALS, having been diagnosed a few days ago. Yikes! That was some surprise.
I started getting leg cramps and fasciculations a year ago, and at this time I am having difficulty walking. Any sort of athletics is now out (I was a 6 handicap in golf, ran a marathon, raced open wheel and stockcars). I feel fortunate that my two favorite current pastimes are poker and billiards. I can still circle the pool table, and can walk to the poker tables.
I'm glad to be here and to talk with you.

Welcome citytom. Hope we can help you along the way. Good bunch of folks here. AL.

Hi citytom, Welcome. Sorry about your recent Dx you have hardly had time for it to sink in. Mine was in May last year I have had time to get used to it,You were a good golfer, I miss that more than any thing I wasn't good but see sawed between 19 & 20 handi cap, I am glad you have other interests. Glad you found us. take care.ME

Hello Citytom and welcome. I haven't had a DX yet but those who have say it hits like a ton of bricks. Glad you found us. When you are up to it, write back and tell us more about yourself. I see you live in Florida. Do you have much family around? Cindy

Welcome

Hi citytom,

Nice to meet you. You are doing what I was advised to do - focusing on what you can do and not on what you can't do. You'll be glad you found this forum - much good advise, information, and support. Looking forward to talking with you more.

Liz

Hi citytom,

You have come to the right place! The people here are awesome and very, very helpful. Don't be shy about asking questions, even if you think they might be weird.

I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I don't have ALS but was my mother's primary caregiver for 2 years.

Take care,

SoniaT
Vancouver, BC

Hi new guy,
I joied up yesterday to. I have been diagnoised for 2 years now. my disease progress has really slowed and they are now placing me in aclasification of the disease known as primary lateral sclerosis. the disease has cause me to give up many things but i have always found something new to rplace them with. if my life has to be shorterI look at it as i tstill want it to be full.
Take Care from the new girl,
katsmith
psI know that non of this is easy, this is just how I put it in perspesective for myself, I am not down playing the difficulty or loss that I feel when I am no longer able to do the things I loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back