New? Introduce Yourself - Say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't allow anything that isn't ALS related to be on the site. Nor do we allow any silly supplements or false hope cures. We also have the best members of any of the other sites. Glad you found us but sorry you had to come looking.

AL.

just joined but not new to ALS

my daughter was DX with ALS 14 1/2 years ago when she was only 23 years old and a SR. in College about to graduate that following May in 1994 - she did graduate with a degree in Exercise and Sports Studies-

She walked longer than most - about 5 years after DX - in '04 she get a PEG and in '08 on her 36th. birthday day she was vented - so that will be 2 years ago this coming Nov.

She communicates using ERICA - and she can also comtrol some of the things in her room using ERICA - I stay home with her after retiring 6 years ago - We had a Share the Care team from our church stay with her for 5 years so that gave me 5 more years of teaching -

We have done a lot to make people aware of ALS over the past 14 years

linda-frances<dot>blogspot<dot>com

You can read about her in May 2008 listing on my blog and also on the Ride for Life site or just Google Marcie Gibson and several stories about her will come up

I am her Mom - Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
hi!

I was diagnosed 10/3/08 and have been lurking. Thank you for all the infomation. I think I'm still adjusting to the diagnosed.
Kris

Hi, Kris ... I'm so sorry for your diagnosed. It is a major shock to get that news, and it will take a while to wrap your mind around it, I know. Join in when you are ready. We will all be pulling for you. Let us know how we can help.

Take care.

TanDaMay ... welcome. Your daughter has a remarkable story, and I am so glad you and she are spreading the word. Thank you for joining the forum, and sharing your stories!

Hello Kris,
Welcome to our huge family! I'm sorry you had to find us, but you are in the right place for a lot of support, laughter, tears of joy and sadness, and more support. Everyone will try to help all they can, I was diagnosed in June 08, and, yes, it seems like yesterday, but you just jump in whenever you're ready.
Take good care,
brenda

TanDaMay & Kris,

Welcome to this wonderful, enlightening, supportive and often fun forum.

Zaphoon

Welcome to all the new and not so new members. I hope you can feel a part of the family here on the forum.

Thank you so much for this very wonderful site. I feel that there is a lot of hope and help for patients and caregivers on this site. I am a caregiver for my husband here in New Mexico. He has had ALS for three years. Looking forward to staying in touch with others fighting his awful disease.

Janice

Hi Janice. Welcome but sorry you had to come looking for us. Hope you get answers or support here, whichever it is that you seek. Jump in on any of the forums. There is a search tab up above and a FAQ section that details how things work.

AL.

Glad to be here!

Hello everyone. I am 55 male living in the East Bay San Francisco Area. I've just joined and have been reading some of your posts the past week. Great information to share I must say and glad to join your group. Thank you all. :smile: I've been diagnosed with ALS mid September and have seen myself getting stiffer, lose strength and some muscle over the past few months. Did I also mention facsics and cramps? My EMG showed most nerve problems in right leg and right arm. Some more along the waist and mid chest, so I feel some difficulty taking a full breath and pain in chest when I sneeze. My cough is not as full as it used to be... Went from being able to hike the Sierras last June to barely able to walk and maintain balance today.

I have some questions and comments which I will post in other threads. If I can share anything from my side to help anyone (with whatever I've come to know about ALS) I am here to share as well.

Cheers!

Zouz

Welcome Zouz (interesting screen name ) Sorry about your diagnosed but glad you found us. Jump in when you feel like it.

AL.

Thank you Al,

Zouz is my nickname for a more interesting name; Ziyad. Lebanese origin name meaning too much/excess... and that's is how much facsics I have :lol:

Z

I'm new

My brother was just diagnosed with ALS. He is 49, married with 3 kids...the youngest will be 13. Jimmy has always been a hunter and fisherman and loves the outdoors and his son just started to hunt with him. He is so depressed about all of this. Our mother is in the end stages of emphysema. What can I do to help him? He will not tell Mom about this diagnosis. He is going to Hershey Med. Center.

Hi sister. Welcome but sorry you had to find us. Being an avid hunter would put Jimmy at risk of Lymme disease. I hope they tested him for it.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back