New? Introduce Yourself - Say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Ashley, and welcome to the forum. Your fiance is blessed to have you standing by his side during this difficult time.

If you could share with us some of the symptoms he is having it would give us a better idea of what stage he is in with the disease so we could offer better advice.

Normally, I would say wait until he wants to talk about the disease, but since he has had it for such a long time, I think he may need some help in opening up to anyone. There are over 2000 of us on this site who are going through what he is facing every day. If you could somehow get him to read some of the messages on the site he might feel better talking with one of us. Just a thought. I hope he will take a look and know that he is not alone.

I was DX in May 2006 and am in a wheelchair due to loss of the use of my legs. This ALS goes at so many different ways for each person that there is no hard and fast rule about what to expect.

I hope you will feel at home here on the forum and get the help you are looking for to help your fiance.

God Bless
Capt AL

Brother with ALS

Hi! My name is Lorie, I have a brother with ALS. I am already very thankful to have joined this site. I can't sit back and do nothing. I am dedicated to my brother and others like him. Thank you all for being here.

Lorie-New Member

Welcome Lori. Sorry to hear about your brother. Write and tell us more sometime! Cindy

Lorie's brother

Hi Lori,

You may want to let your brother know about this website. I have met some very interesting characters here who are living with their diseases with more gusto than many of the people I know who are physically healthy. Most of the people here are sharp, articulate and have a knowledge base that not only opens the opportunity to learn but to keep growing. Many of us use humor to keep our spirits up. MND's are such are horrible diseases and still the people you find here are full of life. I hope he can flow with life as you go through this with your brother.

Greet him from the 'Fantasic Forum'~
Frizzel

take time to say "HI"

David, I am so grateful that I finally found this site. I've had ALS for about 2 years now and glad I'm not alone in this journey, have a great evening

Hi Marilyn and welcome. Feel free to jump in with comments or questions. Glad you found us.
AL.

Hey!

I've responded to questions on the forum, but I have not introduced myself.

My husband has ALS... Diagnosed 09/06.

He is the most wonderful, outgoing person I know.

He doesn't look at the ALS sites and that's fine. I am thankful y'all are there.

cj

new to forum

Hi, all. I hope you know how much you are appreciated. We have been "dealing" with ALS for about six months now. Many times I feel so discouraged but knowing we are not alone is so comforting.

My 49 year old husband was diagnosed in Jan. 07. I can't say anything everyone else hasn't said.

I do have some questions...

He has been to the Univ. of Kansas dept of Neurology. Any opinions?

Also, a dr. in Tulsa, OK has recommended a Patricia Kane in Pennsylvania. What is that about? His information is a bit confusing.

Thanks,
Hoping for sunny days

Hey sunnydays-

My husband is 48. Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?

As to Patricia Kane I would like to direct you to another forum where you can form your own opinion: als.net

search using her name and you will find a couple of threads about what people have been thru.

can't say anything about U of K neuro.

Best of luck to you and your husband.

cj

Aaahhhh. Doesn't sound too promising, does it? As I said, she was recommended by a doctor. Thank you very much for the insight and information.

A fine kettle, yes indeed.

Thank you again and good luck!

Hello Sunydays. Welcome to our little corner of the internet! I am sorry about what is happening to your family. Try to remain strong and know that you are not alone. Regards, Cindy

Good Morning all new members

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will the support and and encouragement we are all sending your way.
God Bless
Capt AL :)

Hi My husband was diagnosed 2weeks ago @ 39yo

Hi Angie and welcome. Sorry about your husband. Can you give a bit of history about him. How long has he had symptoms and what type? Hopefully we'll be able to help and support you and your family.
AL.

Future

I do know that I take a super food with various supplements which include, Greens. I also take CoQ10, EFA's, Vitamin C, Quinine and a super B complex, Bee Pollen from our area with Propolis and Royal Jelly...I stay away from all artificial sweetners as much as possible... Also keep white flour and sugar to a minimum. Although chocolate is a must! ha ha~! Are these things stopping the progression? no...are they helping me glide a little smoother with the progression? yes We each have to find what works for us. I believe in doctors, medicine and natural foods with alternative treatments all knit together...That's what works for me. My hope is to keep an open mind without being sucked into the dark SCAM hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back