New? Introduce Yourself - Say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Liz,
Know for sure you are not alone here. I'm sorry you find yourself here on the forum, but know it is a friendly place with many others who care. We have all walked the path you now have begun to travel and I hope we can make your journey a little easier. I know everything seems overwhelming, it did to me. I was DX may 11, 2006.

Feel free to ask for help, questions, anything or just vent your frustrations. We understand.

I pray God will help give you direction, wisdom, and peace as you face this terrible disease. Let us know if we can help.

God Bless
Capt. AL

First Time Here

Just wanted to say hello and thanks to my father (AL) through reading some of the help he has brought to others shows me the one thing I always knew is that you are a GREAT MAN and always have been! and I am very proud to share him with all of you thanks Dad we'll always love you.

Chris

I'm a newbie

I stumbled here last night and just after reading a few posts, I already feel like maybe I've found someplace to talk. My wonderful father was diagnosed Sept 30, 2005 with bulbar onset ALS and I feel like I've been through 410 days of constant grief. I feel like I have to be Miss Suzy Sunshine when I go see him, I have to be the "rock" for my mom, I have to be the cushion for my sister who is living in denial, plus I have to carry on a somewhat "normal" life for my kids and husband. Inside I'm curled up in the fetal position overcome with grief and sadness and I'm finding it harder and harder to put one foot in front of the other. I do have peace about the "final" outcome (unless God performs a miracle of course) but it's just all this suffering that has to go on in the mean time! Anyway, thanks for allowing me to vent.

Hi Gina. Welcome but sorry you have to be here. This is a good place to vent. We understand. Can I give you a bit of advice. When you feel that you absolutely just have to scream, go into the garage and get a piece of wood and drive about 6 three inch nails into it with a big hammer.It's a great frustration reliever. Hope it helps. AL.

Oh Al, good idea. Knowing how I am, I will probably miss the nail and give my thumb a good whack which in turn, would definetely give me something else to think about for awhile. :-D

hi, having problem navigating around. where do i go to start a new thread? or do i continue on with the first message. felicia

:)
felicia said:
hi, having problem navigating around. where do i go to start a new thread? or do i continue on with the first message. felicia
HELLO FELICIA AND ALL OTHERS, I AM HAPPY TO HAVE FOUND YOU ALL. YOU ARE LIKE MY NEW EXTENDED FAMILY. I FEEL SO ALONE AT TIMES, EVEN WITH MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND HERE ALL THE TIME WHO IS MY EXCELLENT CAREGIVER I STILL FEEL THERE IS NO ONE LOCALLY AROUND MY AREA THAT I CAN TALK TO THAT IS GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS THAT I AM. I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THIS SYSTEM COMPLETELY, BUT I AM GETTING AROUND ENOUGH TO HELP ME AND THAT IS WHAT'S IMPORTANT. THE WONDERFUL THING IS WHILE WE ARE TRYING TO FIND INFO TO HELP US, WE CAN ALSO HELP OTHERS IN RETURN. IT IS LIKE "PAYING IT FORWARD.

MY BEST TO US,
LOIS"

hello everyone here, i have a parent that we're waiting for a second opinion for a diagnosis of als. my dad has had dysphagia since a anterior cervical spine surgery in early may and has been being fed thru a peg tube since, after his surgery we thought his dysphagia was due to the surgery complications that now after doing much internet research and reading is a fairly common occurance with that type of surgery. we're still hoping that his swallowing will return and he'll be able to eat again and the dysphagia wasnt' brought on from als.

Hello Everyone

My name is Stella and I live in Ohio. My sister's name is Debbie and she has ALS this is her 11th year -- she is so courageous and so his her caregiver husband.
I'm very happy to learn of this group. Thank you.
Stella

Glad you found us. Welcome to the world's best and worst club to be a member of, sic.

God Bless,
CAPT. AL

Hi Stella. Jump in when you're comfortable. Welcome. AL.

Just found out a few hours ago

HI, I am feeling pretty alone and wondering what I should do. This was a blindside. Robie

Robie -

You are NOT alone.

"Blind-sided" is the exact work my husband to used describe how he felt when I was diagnosed. Nobody thinks about something like this happening to them.

Explore the forum and let us know a little more about you. We're all here with you.

Liz

Robie said:
HI, I am feeling pretty alone and wondering what I should do. This was a blindside. Robie

Robie ...

Only someone with ALS would understand how you feel relative to being alone -- probably an experience we've all had since we share an illness, but know how unique it is to each of us. In so far as what you should do -- keep reading the various postings and add your own. It will help, maybe not right now, but soon.

Harper

Greetings all. Thanks for the site, and hope to contribute in some way and improve my navigations skills around the threads and forums (fora?). I was diagnosed in 3/06 ; first sym in 5/05 with onset in legs and then hands. I owe a lot to some very good friends, as I'm sure we all must, and look forward to interacting with some of you. Robert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back