Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
IL
City
Charleston
Hello - I am new here & my mom was diagnosed with ALS July 9, 2008 - It started with arm weakness with her - My question - She is progressing so fast - From January til now she is barely walking - cannot drive - cannot get up & down (sitting) by herself, has no gripping abilities - Her motor skills are declining rapidly - that being said she has no bulbar symptoms at all - I guess in my head I think how can she be that far gone & not have the bulbar symptoms - or when will those start? She says the little twitching under her skin is getting up into her chest now.

I am sure I will have a ton more question but I am still in my crying stage - Please keep her in your prayers - Her name is Pam.

Thank you - Eva

Hi Eva,

I am sorry to hear about you mother it is a difficult thing to hear. My Dads was diagnosed in Oct 2007 his is bulbar he can no longer talk, eat, swallow, and he is becoming very weak. I think that every person is so different it is hard to say how fast or what will be effected next. But I have learned that this is a very good place to vent and just have people listen or to ask any questions. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers & pray for brighter days!

Wendy:)

Hi Eva- I am gald you decided to join us although it is sad to hear about your Mom. You landed in a good spot on the internet, though. Write any time and let us know how things are going! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back