Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ky
City
Pineville
Hi, I am a 42 year old female who has had strange symptoms for the past 4 - 5 months. It started with right hip and thigh pain which I thought was piriformis syndrome as I had been running 2 miles a day about three times a week. That went away and then I had severe anxiety and panic attacks which were horrible. One night, I developed tremors, nausea and vomiting, was seen in the emergency room and was noted to have myoclonus in both lower extremities. I was transferred to bigger hospital where a MRI of the brain, cervical spine, thoracic spine and lumbar spine showed no abnormalities. Since that time, I have had left leg pain and burning along with the fascicilations as well as in my right arm. I have lost 20 pounds and have dizziness and nausea constantly. My left side is not as affected but sometimes has twitches there also. I am fatigued to the point of being at 50% of my usual self and have periods of "brain fog". I see a neurologist again Wednesday. Also I should mention that my EMG was normal but NCV showed a positive H-reflex that may indicate an upper motor neuron disorder. Also, the only other abnormality was that I tested high on an Epstein Barr IGG test. I'm still scared about ALS and just wanted some imput from somebody. You guys sound like a great group who would be able to offer some advice. My weakness in the left side comes and goes.

Hello

Sorry to hear you are having those problems but those symptoms are not even close to ALS. Let your docs figure it out and trust what they say when they give you your diagnosis. Take care.

Hello...the best to you, as you search for your answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back