Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike, I can only share with you my experience. My Mum died of ALS 2 years ago. She had limb onset that progressed to her voice, throat etc. She died within 2 years of being diagnosed. She was being given morphine in her last two weeks. She died calmly and peacefully in her sleep. She didn't struggle, her breathing just got very shallow until it stopped. She was surrounded by family. I know everyone has a different experience with this disease but I hope this helps. You are in my prayers.

Jane

Hey everyone

Norm passed away last night at 10:00 PM central standard time Milwaukee, WI. He was smiling and trying to talk. He made it clear that he was going to try and rest. He closed his eyes and was gone within mins. No coughing or choking or anything. He just went to sleep. I miss him already.

God bless you Norm. Im glad you aren't struggling anymore.

Mike

Thanks for keeping us posted Mike. Sorry for your loss. I am glad that Norm slipped away peacefully. It seems to be more the case than not.
T.

Sorry for your loss Mike. I'm sorry that you didn't have that much time with Norm. Just glad it was a peaceful end for him. Take care and keep in touch when you feel the time is right.

Mike it is truly very kind of you to care for your friend and be there. Others have mentioned no question is stupid. There are many questions with this illness. My heart breaks for you and your friend. To lose someone is very painful and there are no words to describe what it really feels like. The most wonderful thing you can do for someone who you love and care about is be there.

It is very hard for some of us to talk about dying. It is frightening. I will speak for myself when I say that I concentrate on living, I personally do not like to think about dying. I have enough pain and sadness so I try to focus on being here and do my best in what I live. The only thing that I found in your post that I would not do is write notes on what my loved one was saying unless I asked them if it was okay to do so. Hope you do not mind my opinion on that, it is just my own view. I know you mean well but for me I could not do that. I do however think your friend is lucky to have a friend who cares so much.

hope.

mike I'm a new member,give us an update if he is still around would like to know how he and you are doing. A lady who started about the same time as me [july] 05 in my area died in march,I'm still mobil,no problems swallowing now,haven't had problems with rigidity,only have moderate weakness,everyone is so differint in progression of disease I am finding out.Later!

Hi BWK. Mike hasn't posted I don't think since Norm passed away back in Jan.

Hello Mike,

So very sorry to hear of your friends rapid decline. I was diagnosed with Bulbar ALS June 5th 2005 and told i most likely only had 2 years. Well i seem to have stablized for now for the most part. But i am ready to meet my maker whenever he decides it's time. We serve a just and a lovely God. Tell your friend , it is never too late to repent of sins. And that our Father is a God of second chances. He loves us all and wants all of us to repent for our sins so we can have a home with him. If theres one think he can count on,, it's that his God loves him. I very much believe in prayer,, so i will pray for you both.

Your question about death, was not out of place as far as i am concerned. We may not like to think about it,, but sticking my head in the sand and pretending everything is alright,, has never been my strong suite. Thats why i have made my children face reality where this disease is concerned. They don't have to like it but they can't look the other way and wish it away.

God forgives if we ask,, and he takes care of us,, in his time and his way.

Love and Prayers
Marlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back