Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadmanINC.

My name is Derek I am 29 years young. I am married to my beloved wife and stronghold Jessica. We have three children, a 7 year old daughter Mackenzie and two sons Samuel who is 6 and Jacob, 10 months. I was diagnosed with ALS in October of 2003. The use of equipment from the ALS Society of Alberta is supposed to make life "easier". They talk about Hope as if it lies within these material things but Hope does not lie in physical accessories and machinery to make quality of life easier. Hope is a gift of God's grace, and is implanted in revival, but abounds, increases, and becomes stronger and more lively by experienceing the love, grace, mercy, power, and faithfulness of God. “ALS” is just three letters given to someone in a feeble attempt by an enemy whose pursuit is human failure and spirit self combustion and to give people that spirit of giving up on living an abundant life in which the quality lies within. In our house we all, in a sense, have "ALS" but in the real world we all have to deal with an "ALS". What’s your ALS?

With any sickness we battle depression, despair and condemnation. Every morning it is getting harder to have the will to "get up". Patience and perseverance help to overcome these great difficulties. Perseverance keeps honour bright, perseverance is a continuance in a state of grace to a state of glory. We have to persist in Jesus and thus (James 1:2) Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds. In the mind of a Christian, we must see the Father’s hand in it; we need a revelation that we deserve no mercy. For the perseverance and suffering brought upon us in this new age of persecution will reveal God’s will on our lives and take hope to a new level. It will open the floodgates of Heaven; it will captivate our hearts and release the accurate power of God. For it was He who on earth was most afflicted was the most patient of all sufferers; and not a bit less patient when he was “led as a lamb to the slaughter,” when we were still sinners. Therefore we need not only rejoice in times of prosperity, and of health.

Hello Derek. I was diagnosed in Oct of 03 as well. I'm 56 so there is quite a difference in our ages but I would be interested in your progression with the disease. If you wouldn't mind sharing your information I'd appreciate it and some of the others might find it interesting.
Welcome to the forum but we are sorry you have too be here. Take care. Al.

Welcome Derrek;
Well said and I admire your gift for writing. I was 35 at my diagnosis and and my boys were 3 Patrick and 6 Alexandre. You are young, and I thought I was young for a ALS diagnosis.

Regards;

Patsy

Patricia Seguin-Tremblay,
Ontario, Canada
P.A.L.S. since 1998
P.A.L.S. (Person with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
Tough times never last, tough people do. -Robert Schuller

Hi Derek and welcome to the forum!
As Al said, sorry we have to meet this way…

I was young as well when diagnosed, just 30. Now I’m 42 and I’m convinced that attitude has a lot to do with survival and you have a great attitude! Keep it up!

I will comment on one thing you said.
The use of equipment from the ALS Society of Alberta is supposed to make life "easier". They talk about Hope as if it lies within these material things but Hope does not lie in physical accessories and machinery to make quality of life easier.

Hope doesn’t lie in material things, as you said, I don’t think the Society gave you equipment to give hope…they give equipment to make life easier on you and your family. There’s a difference.

But beyond that, I like what you wrote! I’m not a Christian but from your column, I can tell you’re very passionate with your beliefs. That’s great!

I ‘hope’ you come to the forum often and ask questions, there are many resources here to draw from.

Good luck!

welcome to the forum!

I also rely on the mercy of the Good Lords grace and I wake up happy every mornning :D

I also believe that God's hand is in this, and that God gives us hope each and every day. No matter what the end outcome is in all of this, I am thankful that I have the Lord to walk me through it. This has not been the easiest journey so far, but I know that if I didn't have God in my life, the journey would have been that much more difficult. Keep your spirits up Derek, and continue to rely on the Lord. It sounds like you are on the right track.
Dana

Hi Derek,

Welcome, and as Al and Mike said, sorry that we have to meet this way, however, good to meet. I believe that the Lord held us in his hands each and everyday living with als. Henry found such great comfort in scripture reading and we read to him everyday. The one thing that will get us all through life is faith. God be with you and your family.

Stay Strong, Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back