Status
Not open for further replies.
Montana Carol

Yes I have been researching the modeltalker and Invtool as welll as etriloquist, I have not determined which will be the best and most easy to use. As for now my voice has not been effected yet ( praise God ) but I fell it will only be a matter of time.. I just want to be sure I put the efforts into something that will be versital and easy to use for both me and my wife and two small girls. Any input on easy of us would be cool.. I think I understand the downloading and banking process but what I am not sure of is after all is downloaded and returned can it be used on all forms of devices from , I think it is called a dynovox or dynobox ? , what about when I loose both hands ?

As for billyd my prayers will be that the Lord will confound the wise and you problems will be nothing to worry about.

Fritz,

I did the Model Talker, but only after my voice had deteriorated somewhat. It took me 6 hours in two sessions to complete the 1647 phrases. The fine people at UDel cleaned it up and people all say it sounds like me.

Pappy.

Model Talker Works With Most Devices

Fritz, I'm glad you've been able to find the discussions on speech-banking and speech devices. Yes, Model Talker is a program that can be installed in a computer or in most of the AAC speech devices. You can use your own synthetic voice file, if you're able to do the required recording as Pappy and others described. It can be adapted for use with head control or eyegaze attachments if you become unable to type. If you can't do the recording, you can use the Model Talker Voice (sample at their website) or probably other voice (I've read stuff on this forum about the "AT&T voice" being very good; but I haven't looked into that, since I was intent on recording my own voice). Carol

Montana Carol

I found and downloaded the modeltalker and me and my girls went out yesterday ( The 16th ) and bought a headset with mic. I am waiting on a night when my mom can keep the girls so I can work on setting the mic to the computer and modeltalker program. This seems to be the most important part. After I get it up and going and get the test uploaded I will let everyone know. As for my voice , it is still holding strong , so hopefully I will get good results.

All right, Fritz! Way to go! You'll get a laugh out of some of the silly phrases you'll have to record. Let us know how it goes for you. Carol

Modeltalker

So far this not fun, nothing is working . Every time I try to record it comes back and says it can not find where I started or stopped. I have re calibrated several times and still get the same response. Have sent modeltalker an e-mail, mabey help will arrive soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back