Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
SE
State
Skåne
City
Southern Sweden
Hello! My mom, 75, was just diagnosed with ALS. She’s had symptoms since the spring (vocal cord paralysis, difficulty swallowing, difficulty walking) and finally had the nerve conduction test and more EMG/other tests inpatient in a hospital 2 weeks ago, and now has an answer as to why she’s been having these problems. She’s now using a walker full time. She lives in California, and I live in Sweden, so won’t be much of a caregiver, but expect to be making more trips in the coming years.

Can anyone direct me to a thread where a lot of the terms are explained? I haven’t found anything yet, but see terms like “bulbar onset”, fast or slow-progressing, and various terms related to symptom management, and I’m not sure the best place to get the lingo of the forum all explained?

Appreciate the wealth of information and experience here in the Forums, and thank everyone for the time sharing information. I’ve run a forum before, and know how time consuming it all is!

Last edited:
Start by checking individual forum areas for "Stickies" that are at the top of each individual area. What you don't find, you can ask about. You'll find lots of help, here. Sorry to have to welcome you to our fine family!

My best...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back