Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to welcome you here.

You diagnostic journey sure seemed like an adventure. I can sure relate.

I cough and sneeze a lot after eating; Cough because I aspirate and sneeze because food particles go up into my nasal area as I swallow.

I work with a swallowing therapist and that has been quite effective. I highly recommend you look into that.

I banked my voice with Model Talker and have been pleased with the result. I don't have to use a Speech Generation Device (SGD) yet, but am sure it is in my future. It is nice to know I can generate speech that sounds somewhat like me. It also required many hours of recording, which I did first thing in the morning in sessions of 10 to 30 minutes, depending on how I was feeling.

Good luck banking your voice. Glad to hear your progression seems to be quite slow.

Steve

Hello Twitch This sucks for all of us...My first noticeable symptoms was my speech and voice change. I had the issue with the constant coughing and it was because drink/food was slipping the wrong way. I don't have that problem as much unless I eat/drink to fast. My speech has been holding for the past 5 months its gets worse depending on my emotions. If I laugh or cry you can't understand a word I say. This week Im starting the process to remove my amalgam filings out my mouth. With everything I've read I believe they are poisoning me slowly. I'm going to try any and everything I can. I got things to do and God did not intend for us to be here sick.

BK,
Before committing to having your fillings removed, I encourage you to read what's been posted on that topic here (the search link is up top). Consensus is expensive and doesn't work. There's really no reason to believe it would, honestly, after you eliminate people who make $ from it one way or another.

So I hope you save that time, money and energy for things that will help you and things you need. You will find many suggestions for those things here. There is great hope for making the most of whatever you've got, but it is not in the junk science industry.

Best,
Laurie

:cry:What are some good text to speech apps that people like? My speech is worsening and I need help. In California they have a free phone for me where I can type and the operator says what I type.

Had the first set of filings removed glad I did as they were very old and decaying. And my mouth doesn't taste like metal anymore. Haven't decided on the rest yet. Probably would have been better to just pull out all my teeth I have so many filings. Ive read all the info on them I know what the ADA say and Drs say but its my body and I will do what ever is in my means to fight. The bible says we must participate in our healing.

SGWmsw... there is the speak it app on the phone. Check with your local ALS chapter. They can give you alot of resources. I recently tested the computer you can use your eyes to type with. The best speaking apps will cost you upwards of $160 on the phone. I'm hoping my job will pay for mine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back