Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
AUS
State
Victoria
City
Melbourne
I have recently been diagnosed with MND, and so far have been able to cope fairly well with the symptoms, including loss of body strength and mobility and the ability to communicate verbally. This morning I awoke with a new issue as follows:
The weather in Melbourne is significantly cooler today, and I noticed that the cool air hitting my throat caused me to constantly clear my throat and cough. I also noticed that when I exhale my vocal chords tend to rattle, and I am unable to breathe silently, a further source of annoyance.
I was wondering if anyone else out there has/had similar problems and may be able to offer some advice. Thanks. Cisco

As I recall, when I was first diagnosed I would over-think every little thing happening with my body and wonder if this new thing was a result of my ALS.

I know it's hard for you right now. All I can say is: it gets easier with time. If you pray, keep doing so.

God bless,
-Tom

Sounds like something you should take up with your primary care physician. An ALS diagnosis doesn't keep us from having conditions like allergies, sore throats, astma, and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back