Diagnosis
05/2008
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Angeles
Just had my three-month check up at UCLA clinic and I asked if there are any new clinical trials coming up, and my neuro said they have two scheduled.

One starts soon ... this summer ... and is for an anti-viral drug. This sounded very interesting to me, just because I think some "thing" has to start this ALS process. Virus, toxins, whatever. Unfortunately for participants in the trial, it has to be given intravenously, so they have to install a line in your arm to administer the drug. But the neuro said there have been encouraging results in mouse studies. Bless those little mice and their contributions to our health!

Another trial will begin next winter for what I assume is a treatment drug. She said it's very early in the process ... they are just winding up the safety studies, I think she said, and the drug doesn't even have a name yet.

I'm sure that other clinics/ALS treatment centers will be participating in these too.

This is very encouraging, Beth, thanks for sharing the news!

Hi Beth,
Every trial, all the stem cell research, everything that is being done is always encouraging. Thanks for the post.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back