New caregiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry I skimmed, and agreed, doubling the fluid volume of the formula, that's a lot. While you consider next steps, you could cut back on the extra water, which can be a lot for the organs to handle. But that only doubles the point that you're feeding tons of sugar water with some fiber and nutrients thrown in, and the water doesn't add anything so it's a very diluted brew if you add it up. High fat/protein/quality ingredients blended yourself can be a great solution [pun intended].

Brucker, when my PALS started having breathing issues he lost his appetite and dropped about 20 lbs very quickly. Once he went on bipap at night he felt better and with high calorie food he gained back most of the weight.

Now we are mainly feeding through the feeding tube. Mornings we make a shake that contains oatmeal, protein powder, yogurt, banana, and peanut butter. Lots of calories. Lunch and midafternoon we do a Real Food Blends feeding, to which we add meat and juice for nutrients and sometimes more peanut butter. The Jevity gave my PALS stomach trouble which did not help him with the weight. We really like the Real Food Blends.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back