Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
Hello folks. My name is Jordan and I live in Bethel Park, near Pittsburgh.

I have not been diagnosed but my tests were abnormal. I'm kind of in limbo right now. The good news is that several doctors don't believe it's ALS. The bad news is they're not quite sure what it is. We're in the grueling "wait and see" stage. My EMG tests point to disc herniations that essentially aren't appearing on MRI scans.

Anyway, nice to meet you and thanks in advance for any questions I may pose in the near future. :)

Welcome, Pitt. It is not that unusual to have disk lesions that don't appear on imaging, so I hope that is the case for you. Have you been evaluated by a PT?

Best,
Laurie

Welcome, Pitt. It is not that unusual to have disk lesions that don't appear on imaging, so I hope that is the case for you. Have you been evaluated by a PT?

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie:

Nice to meet you. No, they haven't recommended PT yet, I guess because of the MRI findings (or lack of findings).

A skilled PT can be part of the empiric dx of unimaged disk lesions, and can also help ameliorate the symptoms. What is the plan, then? If this is just "waiting," I would press for either a PT or phys. med/rehab eval (a type of physician).

Hi, Jordan
We also live in the south hills of Pittsburgh and actually lived in Bethel Park many years ago.
I am so happy to hear that several doctors don't believe you have ALS. That "wait and see" stage is really difficult.

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back