Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
The ALS Society of Canada has just launched a new website for kids and young adults. The link is here http://www.als411.ca/ You can also go to the Society to get a booklet version at www.als.ca for kids/young adults and one for parents as well. Everyone with children should check it out. It may help.

AL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. Going to send this link to my son and daughter.

Cheers

ALS site for children

Great site! I was having a problem with communication and even if they don't talk to me right now at least they can get some answers here. Thanks again, kim

Thanks Al, this is a wonderful site for our children and grandchildren!
Mark

Al,
That is a wonderful site!
Very appropriate for children of any age!
Happy Turkey Day!
brenda

Another great service from our smart friends up north!

Thanks Al,

This is a great site. The booklets are wonderful. I passed them on to my 13 year old son and he could not stop reading. It helps him know how other kids deal with ALS at home as non of his friend has similar experiences. He said it helped him not feel "alone".

There is this "Manual for People Living with ALS" under ALS resources at the website. I wonder if anyone has it and can email the pdf file to me? I can't download it on my side and would love to read through it.

Hey, that site for kids looks great. I have saved it to my favourites for the right moment. Our children are 6yrs and 4yrs and it is tricky talking to them about about what is happening to their daddy. At the moment my husband is still walking around and does not look that different, but they do know that daddy has sore muscles that are not as strong as they used to be. They will say " how are your jumping muscles feeling daddy?"
They are real cute and they keep us going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back