Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
San antonio
Hello, first I just want to say thank you for reading this and for those who are affected with “A” y’all are brave souls and I pray for y’all.

I didn’t wanna post on here because I felt like i didn’t need to but I feel like I’m losing my life. I’ve recently lost my job, almost my relationship and my family have been kinda tired of me with my anxiety about “A”

In the beginning: now I’ve always twitched, ever since I could remember. I honestly don’t know how long it’s been I just know it’s always been there. Especially in my hot spot which is my calf on my left leg. Now it started 3 months ago. A guy that I knew from high school was diagnosed with “A” and passed away. He was so young, I never knew what the symptoms of “A” was so one day I googled....(worse mistake ever). This is where my spiral began, I began not eating, only sleeping for 3 hours. I was a mess. Went to see a physician and he tested my strength and my reflexes and said everything was fine. It was just my anxiety.

I was okay for about 3 days, then I noticed every time I laid down, my back would have a constant twitch. It wouldn’t go away. I got my nervous and more nervous till I had enough of it and went to the ER. The docter said it was my anxiety once again. And gave me Ativan and what do you know the twitches stopped in my back.

Fast forward to November I noticed that I would always get twitches on my left leg (my hot spot) and I wanted to go to the docter again. I noticed that left calf is smaller than my right and has a deep dent then my right. This freaked me out to the point where I got fired from work. I called in so many times cause of my anxiety with “A”.

Quick FYI: (I used to work at tmobile and I noticed I would always lean on my right leg. I’ve been working there for 4 years)

Went to the doctor (MD) so she could check my left leg and she said everything was fine, once again tested my strength and reflexes she said “I see no reason why would have to examine your knee” I explained to her about my anxiety and she put me on Zoloft.
She explained: “you don’t have ALS yet, I can’t tell you, you’re never going to have it but you don’t have it now.”

This gave me mixed emotions, I didn’t know how to feel.

I then moved on to a labor job where I cleaned apartments, I carry heavy equipment and walk up stairs, squat, reach on my tip toes, climb ladders. I felt this was helping cope with my anxiety with “a”.

I also went to a chiropractor and they took X-rays of my spine and I have pictures of you want to take a look. My vertebrae’s are all messed up and my neck posture is also.

Conclusion: I just want to stop being so scared and nervous. I felt like I haven’t been myself at all for the last 2 months. I’m very iffy about getting an EMG cause my two docters that I saw didn’t even refer to a neurologist. So I come to y’all to help me ease my mind. I appreciate everyone that comments. God bless.

Attachments

• 5B2284DE-B859-47E7-A982-0F511F5BA45F.jpg
    5B2284DE-B859-47E7-A982-0F511F5BA45F.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 019BE488-D558-4C83-A01B-7F02EDE2E489.jpg
    019BE488-D558-4C83-A01B-7F02EDE2E489.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 7BE0F278-98F6-4B01-96AC-808B1A5A1A09.jpg
    7BE0F278-98F6-4B01-96AC-808B1A5A1A09.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 307
  • E1B9AA2D-F4BD-4457-B8E4-C43AAFF3ED44.jpg
    E1B9AA2D-F4BD-4457-B8E4-C43AAFF3ED44.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 309
I think you have done a great job of answering your own question, Texas. You want reassurance, here it is -- lots of people have dents, even more (all of us at some point) have twitches, ranging from a single hot spot to "all over." You saw two docs, you're doing physically strenuous work with no problems, you got freaked out and you're regretting it. You don't have ALS. If you can't get past that belief, you need counseling, not more drugs, given how that belief has harmed your life. But it doesn't have to, one second more.

But stay away from chiros who will bleed your wallet (you may have one of the good ones, but be sure of that), and if you really think you might have a spine problem, physical therapy evaluation with a PT who focuses on the back is a good place to start. You might ask your current doc what she thinks.

Yeah, posture is a big thing, so make sure you are keeping a neutral spine with all the lifting and squatting. Once you make it a habit, you will be helping your spine stay healthy your whole life long. And odds are, your life will indeed be long and healthy. But we can't make it so from here. You're on the ground, you have to commit to finding the professionals that are going to help you make that happen.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you Laurie,
You don’t know how happy this makes me. I appreciate you. God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back