Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
CA
City
Agoura Hills
Never Give Up, Support ALS Research Lip Blaka, are Now Available

Agoura Hills, CA December 30, 2009 – In January 2010, the first shipment of "Never Give Up Lip Blaka” lip balms will be available for purchase. It is currently available for pre-ordering online. It will be sold to friends, family, PALS (People with ALS), and ALS advocates throughout the world.

The "Never Give Up" project was created and designed by Michelle Rozzen in 2004, after her father, David Rozzen, was diagnosed with bulbar onset ALS in June 2002. This devastating disease robbed him of his speech, movement of his hands and feet, and his ability to breathe and eat. "I know that my dad had his tough days, but he fought a long and difficult battle with ALS because he chose to never give up," says Rozzen. Dave's strength and determination to fight and find a cure for ALS is the motivation behind his daughter's “Never Give Up” organization and fundraising campaign. Michelle created the “Never Give Up” wristband campaign during her senior year in college. Since November 2004, Rozzen has sold over 1 million “Never Give Up” wristbands and helped raise and donate over $1 million to The ALS Association.

Rozzen is inspired by people who have ALS, and have loved ones who have it or have dealt with it in the past. This inspiration has motivated Rozzen to continue to raise ALS awareness through a second “Never Give Up” campaign. Rozzen teamed up with Shaka Laka®, an island inspired personal care company, and created a lip balm with SPF 15 for the “Never Give Up Lip Blaka” campaign. PALS often have dried lips, from malnutrition, from using a ventilator or feeding tube. Now PALS can wear “Never Give Up Lip Blaka” and support ALS Research, while also protecting their lips from the sun and chapped lips. Shaka Laka® is a proud supporter of ALS Research and a portion of each sale is being donated to The ALS Association, as well as many ALS research centers.

The “Never Give Up Lip Blaka” will be sold for $2 each, and a portion of the proceeds will help The ALS Association and other ALS research centers. Help support ALS research, to find a cure for ALS and provide much-needed services to patients and their families. Both Rozzen and Shaka Laka® are hoping the "Never Give Up Lip Blaka" campaign will become a worldwide phenomenon.

"Please wear your "Never Give Up Lip Blaka" to increase awareness of ALS, and to support the ALS Association and research centers. Help raise money for ALS research so a cure will soon be found," encourages Rozzen. "I would like to make my Dad's wish come true and help find a cure for ALS."

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: 818-298-9063
For more information, please visit,
www.nevergiveup4pals.org

nevergiveup_coconut.jpg

Is this actually for real? Does anyone know for sure?

I do remember The Rozzen family starting to sell the red bracelets a few years ago. I guess they've done well selling bracelets. I'd be interested to know just what portion of the $2 is going to ALSA.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back