Not open for further replies.

Sg1995

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi I’m a 26 year old male and just wanted some advice. I read the post about ALS and have been terrified as of late. I started off with a pulling feeling in my calf that then led to burning and tingling all over my right leg. My right arm and hand have also started tingling and my right hand feels not weak but also a bit strange. The right side of my face as also felt strange but mostly in the upper cheek and eye area where it feels puffy I would say but looks normal. I’ve had a CT scan of my head that was clear. I went to a neurologist yesterday and he did a physical exam and said that it was normal to him. He has now ordered an mri and I’m scared what the results could be. This has all happened over the past week and a half and on my right side of my body. I’m aware that my symptoms are also common with MS. I’ve been very nervous and I understand that this isn’t appropriate to look for this type of advice here, but I need to understand my symptoms more . Any help would be great .

Your neurological exam was normal and your symptoms are all sensory ( feeling). ALS is a motor disease so its primary symptoms relate to function. You are in the wrong place. It is up to your doctor to diagnose you not us but you are not describing ALS at all. I am surprised even Mr Google sent you here

Thanks Nikki I appreciate that. Just curious to know can Als affect multiple areas (arms legs, hands) within a week?

I would look hard at your positioning in sleep, work, and play. Issues the length of one side point to possibly needing a new pillow or mattress. It can even relate to how you talk on your cell.

A nasal steroid for allergies at night may be worth trying, as allergies often come with a feeling of fluid buildup in the face.

Best,
Laurie

Hi thanks for the feedback . Since I have started having twitching on my right side mostly . It’s in my leg butt and arm . It’s happened on the other side too but not as much

As Laurie said, evaluate your hydration, sleep position, etc. In other words, you're not displaying ALS at all.

Good luck to you in your life's journey and take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back