Status
Not open for further replies.
Punkie I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Oh Punkie, those who have already posted have stated it so eloquently. You your hubby and God will know when the time is right; It sounds like you all have been such brave warriors. None of us know what we will do until the time comes for each of us. Yours is so heartbreaking. Know that we agonize with your family. Prayers to you all that peace that passes all understanding comes soon. God bless you......

God Grant You All Peace! Prayers are sent your way! God Bless!

so sorry you and your husband are dealing with this. sending prayers for peace for you and your husband

Dear Punkie,
Everyone has said it. You know what he wants and he knows you know. It will still be a peaceful passage for him, even with the help he now needs to travel, knowing that you have never left and will never leave his side.

prayers for strength and peace of mind for you and the knowledge you are not alone in this battle

You know it's not something you want to think about. My brother was told he had Al's about 3years ago and after seeing what he will have to go through has decided he doesn't want a feeding tube or anything that is going to prolong his life to a certain point. He feels this will be better for him and his wife and children. He feels helpless now and he's still able to walk a little. I know it's going to be hard for you but they know what they want and it's something Als patients should think about once the realization sets in. God bless you

Prayers for both of you

Oh I feel your pain. My husband is near the end now too. He elected not to do a trach or feeding tube, but it's still awful to see him struggling to breathe. I think there is NO good way to do this disease. No matter what, there is a fire that lies ahead that we are forced to walk through. I wish you the strength and courage to go from moment to moment. You CAN do this!

Punkie, I'm so sorry! I'm feeling quite down myself tonight. My husband is on the decline! We have had "words" tonight out of frustration... I'm burn out! Then after the words I feel so horrible. It breaks my heart. We have limited time together and we just don't need to be fighting. But, on the other hand, we are human and this is so hard! I'm like you and besides a gal we hired to be with him while I am at work, I care for him. Finding someone else is easier said than done and I'm like you I don't want anyone else to do it. I want to! But, I'm human...it is hard in so many ways!
I'm also wondering where my friends are? Thank God for my angel friend, Suzie. She has been there for us 100%. Really, not too many others... a few... The rest I guess really weren't friends anyway!
God Bless! Thanks for the venting opportunity.

You're a great soul, Punkie. You are certainly not worthless. What you and Frank have been through is painful and so cruel. I hope you both find the peace you need to get through this next stage. You have done so much. It sounds like it's time to let go now. Thinking of you and sending you wishes of peace. Yasmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back