Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pennsylvania
City
philadelphia
Hi guys,

I have read the posts about Nuerontin. My question is The normal side effects such as drowsiness and dizziness. If anyone experienced them in the beginning how long did it take your body to get use to it. I took it this morning (and it does say you should take it before bed for the first time) but when do I ever listen! Thank god my kids were at school, because I felt high as a kite all day. I am afraid to take it again.

I took Neurontin for a while (more than 2 months) at 300mg 3 times a day and felt high as a kite the whole time! It also made me more dizzy so I mentioned it to my Dr. and he changed my prescription to Lyrica, which works just as well at lower doses with none of the yucky side effects. If you don't feel better in a couple of weeks, mention Lyrica to your Dr..

Lisa and Crystal -

Why was Neurontin prescribed for you? Did it treat the targeted symptoms effectively?

Liz

I took Neurontin to help with the muscle pains which kept me awake at night. One of the side effects of the drug is sedation , so I did actually sleep better and it also reduced the severe aching in all my muscles. i only felt spaced out if i took it through the day. initially I had to take quite a big dose , but then got it down to 300mg at night and very little side effects and never needed to take it 3x day.If you want to persevere with the drug , then perhaps taking it first at night might help and then build up if necessary.

lisa1215

I was just reading your earlier posts and wondering how you are. Have you gotten a diagnosed? How are your twins:)

neurontin

When i was going through my exclusion of MS the doctor prescribed Neurontin for me. One pill made my throat hurt and my sinuses, i felt dizzy and just weird.. When i got home i had to lay down because i was so sick from it.... I never took it again, and will never take it again.. It is the only med i every took that gave me a sore throat! But i am sensitive to a lot of things, and other people have posted on here that Neurontin has helped them a lot....... Sam

Liz,

It was prescribed for the burning and cramps in my feet.
It is supposed to help with nerve pain.
I guess it did work when I took it, but I was in LALA land. I only took it 3 times and don't think I will take it again.

Hi everyone

I took Neurontin a couple of years ago for some tingling and burning sensations. They switched me to the Lyrica after I couldn't stand being a zombie all day. It did help, although I am no longer using either of these medications, I don't have these symptoms anymore. I do have to admit that it helped me to sleep.

I still do not have a diagnosis at this point, and it still weighs heavily allthough I do my best to deny there is anything wrong.. My next appointment is next month and they will be repeating EMG's and FVS's. I am so incredibly scared and would really just like to know either way. My neck is feeling weak and I had a horrible moment in the last month or so when I was playing on the floor with my boys and realized I can no longer lift my head off the floor when I am laying flat on my back. I had my first EMG last April that was suggestive of a MND, so I would really apprecaite that the Doc's figure it out sooner rather than later..

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I just finished making a couple of pies so I hope they turned out ok! I am not always such a good cook..

Take care!
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back