Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Tn
City
Franklin
I just want to ask you about my symptoms. My old neurologist was so confused about what to do he said there was nothing he cold do and let me go. I have a new one and have a emg next week but, I'm starting all over again. I'm 40 yrs old with muscle weakness in my legs , head aches, had a major car accident last yr causing a concussion for 3 weeks. I have 12 disks that are herniated and torn and lumber radiolopathy. Also, muscle cramps , can't stand at all because my legs shake and fall. I drop things. My hand grip is weak. My hands and arms tremor from weakness. My right foot drops and I drool a bit.

Sounds like your new neurologist will need to do a.complete workup to sort things out. It will be hard, but please be patient with them. Often they order a test, wait for the result, before ordering the next. It really is like solving a puzzle. Best of luck you get an answer relatively quickly. Always get a second opinion though from someone who specializes in the area of diagnosis. Neuro who sees many ms patients, or myasthenia focus, or als clinic, etc becomes important in confirming you really have the disease you have been diagnosed with and are getting the right treatment.

Also I forgot I have dry skin on arms, legs, and feet. That is a new symptom and muscle spasms. thank yoy

Mickeyfd. First, concerning the dry skin... try a different soap.

But then, as you wrote,
( I have 12 disks that are herniated and torn and lumber radiolopathy.")

Maybe, just maybe... that just might be a teeny little bit of your problem.

But... the car crash is probably the clincher.

If it wasn't your fault... get a good lawyer and he'll tell you, your ALS thoughts will sink the case like the Titanic. Car crashes do not cause ALS.

Ok. I was not sure . I have been fatigued and already settled the crash . Just was wondering about the symptoms . Been using the same soap for 5 yrs. neurologist didn't know if I had als or ms . Just that I have a muscle disease . I had a allegic reaction to Botox. Was in the hospital for a couple of days - could not breathe. Thank you for your quick response

I've had my rounds with Orthos. I'd say with 12 disks that are herniated and torn and lumber radiolopathy... you're lucky you can still walk! You may have settled the car crash too soon... unless you got a pallet of cash from the settlement.

If your Neuro isn't sure of a diagnosis yet I doubt anyone here can ease your concerns... your situation is complicated.

But, as suggested above... give the second opinion some thought.

Well 3 disk are cervical and 5 are thoracic with scoliosis and and 4 lumber with l5s1 annular tear. I can walk but not far. The 3 cervical are from the crash. Air bags did not deploy. Got wiphlash. And concussion.

I won't ramble on with this anymore but... "3 disk are cervical and 5 are thoracic with scoliosis."

You need to find another Neuro!

As I mentioned, get a second opinion if you are not comfortable. Your issues sound complex and you do.need the right teatment for them. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back