Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Astoria
Anyone have a recommendation for a good neurologist in the NYC area?

Mark Sivak at Mt Sinai. Some of us have seen him. I don't love him, (I live right outside of NYC and drive down to Hopkins instead) but he is very qualified with MND and MG. 212 241 8747

I saw him, also. I thought he was dismissive. It was about 3 years back. Maybe if I saw him now he would think differently because things have progressed.

I am hoping for the best for you!
lovelily

I saw him, also. I thought he was dismissive. It was about 3 years back. Maybe if I saw him now he would think differently because things have progressed.

I am hoping for the best for you!
lovelily

Yes, I know what you mean. I think we've talked about this before. Lovelilly, did I tell you that a number of months back, my laryngologist and I both were trying to reach him (but then neruos I guess are hard to reach), but anyway, she (my laryngologist) saw him during a procedure they were performing together back in April, and she told him that Sjogren's had finally been completely ruled out as a cause for me, and he said to her that, well, PBP would be his thoughts for my diagnosis then. Just like that! When she told me this, I remembered how quick he was to dismiss the idea with me back in November, and I think it is just his way of having patients not obsess over it until more can be learned. His mannerisms and the way he interacts with patients (IMHO) are just better suited to research/teaching than that of a physician that deals with patients....He wasn't at all unkind to me, but on the other hand, seemed quick to make up his mind, and refused to speculate until what he considered to be the most likely cause had been ruled out. I'm much happier going down to Maryland, but even so, if someone is looking for a doctor specializing in this in the NYC area, he's one of the best. I'll be interested to know how you like the doctors that you see in your upcoming appointment. take care, :)

Thank you, Rose! :)

I don't know how long it will take to hear from this doctor, in Newark. I guess it depends on how long it takes my neurologist to get his act together on his end.

One thing I have come to know about doctors...seeing so many, is that some times it does take them a little bit to get to know them. Sort of like building a new relationship. The other thing is that they just have so much knowledge in their brains, they don't know how to, or don't think we can absorb it. Some are certainly better at it than others.

I hope you are doing well!

take care
lovelily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back