Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
KS
Hello everyone,

I was initially super worried because I had bodywide twitching but then learned that twitching means nothing without weakness. I am not so anxious anymore as I just want answers.

My twitching has really localized to the left calf and foot but I get twitching in the right leg just not to the degree as the left. Again these are the least of my worries.

My challenge is with my left foot. All of a sudden it's weird to walk on it, sort of like there isn't enough foot to step on if that makes sense. I've seen people's stories start with a foot where they can't run as fast, or walking is challenging and I currently am having those issues. It's harder to get on my left tip toes and there's a constant uneasiness on that foot that I don't have on the right foot. I've never had this issue before. My neuro isn't sure what is causing it but I'm going in for an MRI.

I am trying not to just search the forum for symptoms but I know something is very off with my body. It feels uncomfortable and off every day on this particular left foot. It's been a month now and it doesn't come and go. I can't tell if it's because the muscles are growing weaker. I have read the forum thread about what is and isn't ALS and I understand it all. I understand it's not about feeling but about failing. But this foot doesn't just feel weird and tingly anymore, it isn't able to walk as fast anymore or run normally. I am concerned.

Hopefully they will find the cause soon.
Remember, trawling here is going to cause you to become very anxious and interpret what is happening as terminal.
There are hundreds of things that could be causing your foot issue before ALS. This is why it is not healthy for you to try to investigate this yourself by reading a host of things that could be unreliable, or that you could interpret unreliably.
Do let us know what the MRI shows.

Thank you so much for the reply. I was completely panicked until last month but now I really just want some type of diagnosis and explanation. Of course I hope to God it’s not ALS but if it is then I just want to know. Granted I know it takes months to get a diagnosis. I wouldn’t even think anything of the sorts if it wasn’t for the awful twitching in the left leg and foot along with this foot symptom.

Your first best step is not to hang out here all the time.
Only your doctors can figure this out, you can choose how you spend these next weeks, but regardless you will never get them back.

you're right. I haven't been on here in some days and have two weeks left until my MRI. I read the posts but I continue to be confused about presenting symptoms. Since my foot just feels weak (it's definitely very different than right foot and harder to use) and harder to balance on and walk on for extended periods of time but I can still do things on it, does that sound like presentation of something more serious as mnd? Or is it more just one day you can't do something and there was no warning?

No, it doesn't present as MND. There needs to be no more explanation about how MND present because in your case, it's irrelevant.

Now please, go to your doc with any further questions. Good luck to you and take good care

thank you and I'm very sorry to bother you. One of my best friend's moms died of ALS and it was the toughest battle to watch. Hers was bulbar onset. I have let my anxiety get the best of me and due to having some conflicting info from my doctor I thought it best to seek out this site but I can see that it is not serving me and taking up your time. I will not utilize this site unless I am told there is concern or I have a diagnosis in the future. Best of luck to you all.

Yet you are still here... 5.5 hours after saying you won't keep using this site ... hmmmmm
Imagine yourself going to your friends mum as she lay there dying and starting to tell her all this story...
Then log off here, and get some help from your doctors in dealing with your anxiety as that will help you no matter what ends up being diagnosed here.

The frustration with "Could It Be" cannot really be about P/CALS, since we are all adults and can decide whether to read/answer posts on this sub-forum.

It's about the harm that chasing ALS or sometimes, the very idea of being ill, does to one's health -- the health that those affected by ALS can never get back.

If we have told you repeatedly there is no reason for concern, and you are still adding symptoms to the list, it is time for you to consider your emotional as well as physical health. And there is often a strong relationship between the two.

From the P/CALS side, on a difficult day, maybe this is one page not to check. And when your arm is pointing in the right direction but someone is not following, well, there are always tourists that think they know best. Our "town" is still a pretty good place, considering.

You know the cliché that "everyone is fighting some kind of battle?" It is true -- so let's not create any extra.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back