Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hi all,

I have posted before with my symptoms and start, that thread was closed until further notice of my neuro (Unusual beginning?).

I have seen the neuro again, she still doesn't see clinical weakness. She did agree I had a little bit of atrophy on the outside of my right pinky and thought it could be ulnaropathy, an EMG of that nerve ruled that out.

I still have the following issues:
- my right hand/arm and foot/leg are easily tired. When I make repeated motions (blowdrying my hair for example) but also just keeping it in the same position (even resting). Walking a little bit tires my right leg out a lot
- my right hand and fingers are stiff
- my PT confirmed the whole right side has a high muscle tension
- when I lay in bed at night I sometimes feel twitches underneath my feet
- randomly I have a lot of pain in sometimes both hands or arms

My neuro still thinks it is a neurological function disorder as she does not see clinical weakness, but still the fatigue in my right side is very bad..Maybe it is the beginning of my muscles giving up?
The EMG of my ulnar nerve didn't show anything, would it have showed something of ALS (as there is some atrophy there, and ALS would have caused that?)

I don't know what to do anymore, as I feel my doctors aren't thinking of any other diagnosis. Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read and answer.

I'm very sorry you are still on the ALS bandwagon and so concerned.
ALS does not begin the way you are describing.
If you had ALS you would feel completely normal and your body would simply stop working.
the EMG would have shown ALS if that were the cause.
You need to keep working with your doctors as they are highly trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back