Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
Carencro
Hey yall,

just wanted to get everybody a little nervous...i have my first neuro appointment in over 8 months, tomorrow, Wed, 20th at 9:30, CST.

I am not nervous for some reason, i am not scared. I don't care at this point if it's bad or good, i'm living with whatever i got. MY attitude is good, i'm going to live life.

I'll have a full report.......tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your support.

Rgds,

Jamie

Hi Jamie, thanks for letting us know. You are not nervous, because you are trusting Him. Faith is so great! Good luck, and keep us posted. Is this appointment in Louisiana or Houston? Just curious! God bless!

Irma

Fingers Crossed

Hi Jamie,

I hope it turns out good! As bad as this sounds even if you feel like shixt I hope they can't find anything. This wil prove you still have a long time to live. You are a class act and you have a whole forum of supporters.

Let us know the good news!

I get mine next thursday, can't wait!

Tom

Jamie,
this diagnosed or undiagnosed. will not mean a thing, you are a STAR and a diagnosed. will not change that, not a bit. Good luck friend, they cant take your spark and style away.. that is a fact... Hoping

jamie,

good luck and keep us posted....
and you have aright to be nervous.....

Hey Jamie- you've probably had your appointment by now. Hope all went well...Cindy

Maybe he's out having a beer celebrating I hope.
AL.

Oooops, i did a PM and forgot to respond here...

Wellll...

Get this....i get there, spot on time. Low and behold, the doctor is very late, making hosptial calls and would not be back for over two hours. They rescheduled me..... FOR 6 WEEKS later.

What's wrong with this picture?

Then...some man standing behind me hears this.....basically pushes me over....says excuse me to me and the lady then proceeds to butt in front of me, he asks the lady what is the worst thing for epilepsy?

YOu know, like his problems are worse than mine. How many of you would trade epilipesy for whatever we have...

I was so pissed at him, but i just kept my mouth shut and smiled.

I am now a little more "calm" and will call the doctors office back and ask them how they justify making me wait another 6 weeks...?

This dramatic story is just a neverending saga.

Rgds,

Jamie

That is absolutly wrong. did you ever watch Seinfield where George missed an appointment and had to pay the doctor for a missed appointment then the doctor rescheduled one one him and he tried to make the doc pay him for it lol. i mean it is totally uncalled for and you should not have to wait that long.

I think I'd have ran the epileptic pri k over with my wheelchair. People like that are really starting to cheese me off. But then that's me. Sorry for the crap Jamie. Shouldn't happen to anybody.
AL.

That is outrageous

Hey, Jamie,
So sorry to hear about your experience at the Dr. office today. Now we all know that things come up, Drs can run late, etc., but to reschedule you for 6 weeks later is inexcusable! Hopefully if you are enough of a "squeaky wheel" you'll get some satisfaction from them.

No way in hell! First off the guy that pushed his way to the front would've gotten a piece of my mind. The fastest way in the world to set me off is to pull crap like that. If he doesn't have the time to be respectful and considerate I'll feel no guilt about sticking my foot up his...well you get the point. I would make sure that the neuro knew the anxiety associated with waiting and (warning sarcasm) thank them for ensuring that you didn't have to go through any of that unnecessary anguish.

I think you got poor service all the way around. Sure, Docs can have emergencies but if you have to wait 6 weeks then he is over-booking. He should be able to squeeze you in sooner than that!

And the person at the desk should have put the pushy person in his place. Where I go, patients are expected to keep a respectful distance from each other, so they will not to be within hearing distance of someone eles's private conversations, which is what you were having with the receptionist when he or she let the other patient jump in.

i agree with Cindy...the office staff failed you...i don't think the fault lies with your doctor as emergencies do happen...i would call back and ask to speak to your doctor's nurse and explain that you need to get in sooner...this ALWAYS works for me and usually i get in that week...you might have to embellish the explanations of your symptoms to her/him, but, i think six weeks if you (God Forbid) do have ALS is a lifetime.
Make an effort to be nice to the office staff (even if you want to shoot them) as this can make your life easier by getting in when you want and getting answers to questions or prescription samples, ect...in the film biz it's called 'greasin' the gigs.'

Good advice, cannot believe 6 weeks, get on the cancellation list, that always works for me. I feel for you, they should definitely move up your appt. that is so infuriating....Hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back