Diagnosis
08/2018
Country
CA
State
QC
City
Trois-Rivière
Hello everyone, I was wondering if neudexta is safe to take for an als patient that doesnt have pba. Ive managed to get the medication from someone in the states. My pals is taking amitriptyline pills and cbd oil both for sleep and to help with mucus problems. she is having difficulty talking and swallowing and has lost a lot of weight. Im hoping the neudexta can help her at least for a few months with swallowing her food and maybe help out with her speech. any thoughts would be well appreciated :)

Amitryptilene and nuedexta can not be used together.

Even without that you need a doctor to say whether it is safe for a particular person.

However, the general answer is that PALS without PBA can and do take nuedexta. Yours however should not

Amitryptilene and nuedexta can not be used together.

Even without that you need a doctor to say whether it is safe for a particular person.

However, the general answer is that PALS without PBA can and do take nuedexta. Yours however should not

like nikki said, the combination can increase risk for fatal arrhythmia called torsades de pointe!

Like others said, Nuedexta cant be taken together with certain other medications. You also cant take it with SSRIs.

That said, YES, even if you don't have PBA, Nuedexta can have a great impact on improving speech, swallowing, and saliva. I DO have pba, but I find Nuedexta does a better job helping my speech and swallowing than it does my pba!

my mom has been on amitriptylene for 2 weeks, and she says that her mucus problem has not improved much. she uses cbd oil to help her sleep better at night and helps dry her mouth. Im wondering if I should get her off amitriptylene and try neudexta instead. we have an appointement next friday with her neurologist so ill ask him about it. But last time I mentioned neudexta to the neuro he told me that its only prescribed for PBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back