Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
A few weeks back I shared that I was paying $562 per month for Neudexta now that I am on Medicare. I struggled with weaning myself off of it gradually and tried, but I noticed a difference and gave up on stopping.

I made one last attempt at seeing if my clinic doc would Rx me some Dextromethorphan to try and replicate Neudexta. I got lucky and the clinic Pharmacist answered my email and she told me that we could Rx the ingredients to a compounding pharmacy and compare the price.

The ingredients in the Neudexta are: Dextromethorphan 30 mg and quinidine10 mg and put together in a capsule for dosing 1 capsule twice daily. The research paid off and I now get it for 40 bucks a month....if I could do a cartwheel I would.

Victory is hard to come by these days and this was one for me. My life has not changed much in this Apocalypse we now exist in, I have been living in isolation for about 5 years. What really breaks my heart is that I can't even facetime with my granddaughters because I cannot speak. They have been my sunshine in this poop storm.

I think I just hijacked my own thread!
avalee8.png

so glad you got that victory Mark, but what a blow that you can't facetime. love this photo!

That’s a seriously gorgeous bub!

So smart of you to do the research and find a solution to one of the overwhelming expenses of this disease. I agree - awesome photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back