Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Dennisville
I am a new member just embarking on a journey of trying to find out whats wrong with me. I am a 56 year old father and grandfather with some scary neuro symptoms. Started with weakness in both legs and now only about a month later have cramps in both calves and to a lessor degree hamstrings and fasics in the left foot and occaisional fasics elsewhere for no apparent reason. Had a neuro exam on the 15th with no significant observations other than the weakness/cramp issue. Scheduled for EMG on November the 6th and am very scared. Had an MRI of the brain that was normal. The anxiety is consuming me but I am heartened by the fact that there is a place to go with these feelings and concerns. God bless you all and I hope I didn't mess up this thread.

Hey billy,

Hope your doc can give you good news. How old are your kids?

It's tuff facing the prospect of ALS, hang in there and let us know the results of your tests.

Hello Billyd, you have come to the right place for support and information. There are so
many other things than ALS that could be causing your symptoms. So take a deep breath and try to relax, your EMG isnt so far away. Write down all the questions that
you have for the Neuro, that way you wont forget them. Also if you go to search on
this site and type in EMG, I bet you will find alot of usefull information and come up with
a few more questions that you hadn't even thought of. Good Luck to you
Cornelia

Kids

Hi CJ, I have two daughters, Tina who is 30 and just had a son, Allison who is 18 and just started college and a son Adam 15 who just started high school. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back