Status
Not open for further replies.
His wife died three months ago today.

I just want everyone to know that I thought everyone had good comment to add to this thread. I hope everyone realizes that I do have compassion for the individual who made these posts. That is why I didn't write a name. I am worried about their state of mind due to their horrible and very understandable grief. Is there anything more we can do to help support him/her? I really am trying to watch what I personally write lately. Please if I offend anyone ever feel free to send me a message expressing your concerns. I truly want to try to be respectful and supportive of everyone. You are all in my prayers. Kim

Miss: I take your word that more objectionable posts were deleted which only highlights the need for more robust moderation of that person’s future posts. What is shocking is that it's not being done.

Ims: Skipper was kind and helpful posting in that original thread without attempting to correct anyone’s behaviour before posting here. She also was kind and supportive on the profile page of the very one that seems to have upset her. She came to a section of the forum where she should be allowed to express her own feelings, did so in a general way, she did not point anyone out and yet struck a chord with many.
I think she should be applauded and encouraged not offered advice to behave to the contrary.

Skipper: For what it's worth, I think you are doing a fine job. :)

Only with the aid of a name, was I able to see that a super moderator was last active 4 months ago. It would seem a fitting title and assessment of his ability that he kept the lid on this place. Apparently moderation is no longer a priority as anyone who can’t be replaced within a 4 month period probably never will be. What a shame.

There are so many here who despite there grief and loss give so much to the forum......brooksea,annies phil and many more (my memory is bad so forgive me if your not mentioned by name)and its not gone unnoticed by myself and others how you are so willing to help so soon after your lossed loved ones.
I think helping others on the forum must be soothing for your aching hearts.
Your knowledge and advice is very valuable.

johnysgal...........Al is irreplaceable,there could never be another super moderator......... period!
However we do need moderators (sadly joel and richard passed away also) but its difficult as they need to be vetted by david the forum owner.
I actually feel that a long standing cal (someone like brooksea or another person) who has cared for and lost a loved one should be a moderator with all there experience and ability to dedicate themselves to the forum.

Coming to the forum and trying to make life easier for CALS and PALS is not always easier after you lose your PALS - especially when the PALS was your spouse. The reason so many of us do it is to give back what was given to us by people like Annie, Joel, Barry, Jeff and so many, many others. I would have been lost without them - especially Jeff (ZenArcher). He helped me navigate the VA system in record time. Without Jeff and Lori (Sadiemae), my husband never would have gotten the benefits he was entitled to receive. Other CALS, like CJ (Brooksea) and Katie, were there when I felt like I would go crazy. The moral support they were so kind to share was invaluable. The loss of the moderators has been difficult. No question about that. However, the suggestions not to respond to negative posts and put those people on your ignore list really might be the only solution until David can find some new moderators. I know that you cannot "unread" a post. I know it's hard not to respond. I've failed to be able to do that a few times! Responding only fuels the fire, though.

I think we should all put some brain power into thinking about how we can get a moderator and how this can be achieved since David needs to interview candidates. We are a good group here and just need a little reining in at times <g>.

Laurel

Last edited:
I don't often comment on things but just wanted to say how I find the blog facility an excellent place to vent anything and everything, accessible by everybody to maybe empathise and gain insights into the very tired and frustrated mind of an often angry Cals as she tried her best to look after her Pals, but not directly in the forum's 'public' face. I can't understand why more people don't use their blogs in this way. People DO read them. It has been godsend for me and I don't think I upset anybody, just let off my own steam, and people who wanted to read and comment, they have done so. I like reading other peoples blogs too.
I feel it's all about choice, how you choose to use this forum and some posts are provocative and attract a lot of negativity, maybe they are a cry for attention for whatever reason, but surely ALS is more than enough to deal with and we all struggle with it, Pals and Cals alike..

Gone to Mod land.. Hmph!

I wish to now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back