Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I've been trying to get on the site and it is saying I am not authorized.!
You guys having your pissin contest must have broken something. We are all here to help one another. Differences of of opinion are good but I talked to someone today and she felt that the nastyness was not what she signed up for. State you opinion but remember that there are a lot of sensitive and vulnerable people here. We need to be informed but we don't need petty and snide coments no matter how well intentioned they may be. My mom (bless her soul) used to say If you can't say something nice. Don't say anything or as I say STFU SHUT THE FU__ UP.
We've been getting some new people here and they are from a few diferent places.
We as Canadians are a generally tolerant people and respect others opinions and cultures.
We have a good forum here. Do not think think you can bring your petty squabbles here. We are here to help ALS sufferers anywhere.
We will help anyone wherever they are but we will not get involved in petty fights between differing opinions of treatment options.
SO as the good people say. Let's just try to get along and help each other.

very good comments. we all have opinions and solutions, but they are our thoughts and may not fit into all caregivers and als survivors so take whats good and what can personally help you at the time you are in. Again, I wish you all a great day.

Ontario

Al,is dialogue or a different opinion negative energy ?
For me, false hope is negative energy.
Geia hara

Well there is dialogue and there is dialogue. Some dialogue will offend and some will not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong. That's a joke son just a joke. Seriously everyone can't agree about all things. That's what makes the world the fun place it is right now. It's not what was said it was how it was said. I think we've beaten this horse to death now so everyone play nice or there won't be any desert later.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking...the squabbles were getting out of hand, I gave up.
I had trouble getting on also, not that I have had much time, but still, I was receiving error messages again..............................
So, what's for desert?

Just chilling

I have read Al post and Yes, I agree let’s make this site only for Canadians.

Seriously, though this is a brilliant site and is very supportive and some individual posts are extremely helpful. However, as in any group you will always get diverse views and expression and you ether accept that or reject it ie don’t enter into dialogue with them and they will move on. As for squabbling, in which posts was this as I appear to have missed it

I agree with PALSMike.
We have enough obstacles with this disease.

If you are referring to the discussion PALSMike and myself were having about Mannatech (I don’t know if this is the case, but my point stands) our debate was quite well mannered! There was no name calling or foul language at any time! People with ALS don’t need to be coddled, they need to be heard!

Yes-you can talk about therapies;
Yes- you can discuss you journey with ALS;
Yes- we can talk about research;
Yes- we can talk about fundraising, volunteers et al.
But we can’t debate opposing views?

I will continue to agree or disagree with whom ever I please, I will NEVER use foul language (ie-stfu), I will NEVER call a person a derogatory name and I will ALWAYS follow the site guidelines.

But we’re not allowed to oppose another’s views? Sorry, Al. ALS may have stolen my voice, but I will not be silenced!

(I'll take apple pie and ice cream for dessert!) :D

Mike 27 Obviously you have misunderstood me. I did not wish to stifle anyone's opinion. We generally have a pretty happy site here and until recently there was not a discouraging word. I don't mean differing opinions I mean discouraging words. Go back and read the forums and if you don't see it I'll arrange a phone call and I can lead you through it. BUT as I said before the horse is getting tired of being beaten to death so can't we just change to a different subject.
Oh and just as an aside you did call the people in question dirtbags. Not quite up there with stfu but not nice all the same.

Quote by Al:
I've been trying to get on the site and it is saying I am not authorized.!
You guys having your * contest must have broken something.

I presume * is an expletive word, correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote by Al:
Don't say anything or as I say STFU SHUT THE FU__ UP.

I presume this is another expletive.

I don’t wish to argue with you or anyone, life is too short. Having said that and given the above, there is no misunderstanding.

I’m not going to rehash the debate I had with another member. I merely expressed a first hand account of an event involving a PALS friend, now deceased, losing a pile of money to a company for nothing. I wanted to make people aware by whatever means available, but ALWAYS within the guidelines of the forum.

Granted, I am new to this forum, but I am certainly not new to ALS, I was diagnoseded in ’93. I have and will give support and advice where I can, but where I see a ‘red flag’ for PALS and CALS, I will not hold back taking someone to task. I apologize, in advance, if my posts are not filled with teddy bears and kittens. If that is what you want, then please skip my posts.

I’m sorry if you were offended by my tone, but that’s me. I must remind you though, I’m not the one using expletives.

Look forward to talking to you soon, friend!

Ok Ok I give. I'll defer to you as being the senior sufferer here. I apologize. Sometimes I forget that when you work with a bunch of men when you get out in public you can't talk like you do at work. I don't expect teddies and kittens but I've only had this disease 2 years and maybe I'll feel like you do If I last as long as you have. More power to you. Keep well.

I read a quote once that has really inspired me. It said:

We are into unknown territory with most of this disease but by keeping informed and staying in touch we just might be able to beat it. How bout it guys. You with us or too apathetic to give a * anymore?

Now, who said that?...Oh yeah! You, Al! When the site was going no where, you lit a fire under some butts to get people motivated to write in and make themselves heard.

You defer to no one, my friend, especially not to me.

Well , I'm so glad to see you guys are friends again.
It was a little intense there for a while. We should try and put all that energy to good use.
Mike you said you were diagnosed in 93 ,that's a very long time with als.How are you now?Tell us your story, I' m sure we would all like to here it.
A lot of us are really new to this disease ,when you share your trials and tribulations it helps all of us.
Al, your walk website is really good. Tara did a very good job on it.
Did you get any donations ? I hope so.
Where is everyone else? Maybe the rain is keeping everyone off the forum.........Let's hear from you all..
Take care , and keep well everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back