Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
TX
City
Baytown
I was diagnosed 6/2020 and its hard for my girlfriend to transfer me into her suv.

Hi Daniel-

Welcome- I am sorry you find yourself here, but hope you will find the forum helpful.

Are you looking for recommendations and discussion about van models? Or are you looking for help finding an available van? If you're looking for what might be available to you locally, your closest ALS Association chapter might be better able to provide resources for equipment.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for a van locally I will get with my ALS chapter about finding us one thank you for welcoming me and my family to this love warming family and also thank you for your information.

If the chapter does not have resources, it looks like AMS Vans in Pearland is the closest dealer to you, with used as well as new options.

Welcome to the forums.

Best,
Laurie

Last summer, I was able to find a used van on Craigslist. Even though I could not find one in my local area, I found one very near where my brother lives - he was able to look at it and determine it was a good deal. I then had some friends drive it out to me, and they got to take a little vacation on the way.

So, if you want to go that route, do research first to narrow down what kind of vehicle and equipment would work best for you. There are some very good threads on this site that you can search for that provide great information.

I found my van on craigslist. It was about 150 miles away. We drove to look at it and bought it.

I have a fair amount of experience buying used cars and have sold and bought cars on craigslist before. If you are not comfortable evaluating a used van, then you might want to consider bringing along someone that can look at it for you.

Be sure to get a wheelchair first, and then the van. Not all wheelchairs fit in all vans.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back