Country
CA
State
CA
City
Ont
Hey!
Want your opinion
it all started one night i woke up with a pain in my right thigh that eventually passed. the following nights when I went to bed on
the right side the tingling appeared. the tingling was only present when I slept on this side or in a sitting position a feeling of weakness also appeared in this leg. I don't have back pain. my doctor tells me that she doesn't see a difference in strength between my legs even though i feel this weakness in my right leg. every time I stand I find myself putting all my weight on my left leg. my last blood test showed a ck level of 320 ( range 60-120)but my doctor told me that this is due to my osteopathy treatment the day before. For a week now I have no more tingling but still this feeling of weak leg and now I have spasms and cramps in my right thigh and my calf. my calf pulls when I'm sitting or after walking for a long time.
is it symptoms look like an onset of Als. I am 33 years old and have two babies I am scared to death I can't sleep anymore.

There are many things that can cause your symptoms. Discuss these thoroughly with your PCP or rheumatologist.

MDW, I seldom post on this sub-forum anymore but....

This is your first post. You have in your Bio - "DX UMND/PLS"
yet Diagnosis 00/0000. That doesn't compute.

Before you jump in with comment, as many others do, you
might share your path to a confirmed diagnosis of PLS.

When, where, who, what tests, any clinic participation.

Last edited:
I just spent an emg on the problem of feeling tired at the right leg and cramps / spasms in this leg. spasms are always present in this leg and sometimes in my arms and lower abdomen I was also supposed to have an emg for my left hand (suspected ulnar nerve with pain in the elbow and tingling of the last two fingers) but the neurologist forgot that part and only made my right leg. she saw no spasms in the 5 places she pricked in my leg. the only thing she said stinging my thigh muscle was radiculopathy. the data taken by the technician at the beginning was normal. she found nothing abnormal on physical examination. i will have the final emg report this week. my question is if i don't have back pain can radiculopathy be something normal? do radiculopathy et als go together? if the other muscles in my leg had nothing can i forget als? I am lost I am only 33 years old mother of two young children and I have not slept for a month so much I am afraid of having als. :(

Radiculopathy is consistent with your reported symptoms and does not have to have back pain. No radiculopathy and ALS do not go together they are different things. Yes, ALS should show in multiple areas not just one.

congratulations on a good report.

Thank for respond :)

can we have two limbs involved at the same time in six weeks example the
right foot and left hand? or it starts with either the two feet and after the arms ... and concerning the fasciculations can they have to pass from one leg (the one which has a feeling of weakness) to the whole body in a week? this looks like the als?

i have a weak hand feeling and i just noticed that when i try to do a test grip pincer the tip of my index finger does not stay straight it crashes down on the other side my index finger remains straight. is this a sign of weakness? do people with als have the same problem with the tip of the index finger? i will try to put a picture

No.

Please don't post a pic; nothing you have posted relates to ALS. I think its best you move on and stop focusing on a disease you do not have. Celebrate that you do not have ALS. Don't chase it.

finally no radiculopathy on the emg so i don't know why i have this feeling of tired leg and arms and now i have spasms / faciculations all over with high ck rate, i am extremely worried.

Your primary care doc can help you narrow down any meds or other factors that might be causing this, but it's not ALS. Radiculopathy does not always show up on EMG if it's mild. Physical therapy is something else you might look into.

my symptoms are getting worse day by day i have cramps in both feet in my weaker hand, pain in the hand when doing activities and pain in my left calf mirm has shown nothing except osteoarthritis and the emg of the right leg show no denervation. I was wondering is it common to have fasciculations on a muscle that is crushed when we sleep for example if I sleep on my left side my thigh and my arm starts to have fasciculations. it stops when I change position and the mucle is no longer crushed, is this something in common with the als?
I just dont know whats is wrong with me

Anyone?
I'm sure these aren't benign fasciculations as they happen when the muscle is crushed or strained. I only sleep 4 hours a night so much that it prevents me from sleeping in addition to the weakness in my right leg and left hand.
Help me please im sure i have als

Well, I'm equally sure you don't. And yes, benign movement can be triggered by pressure or discomfort. You might ask about a trial of an RLS drug to see if that helps ease involuntary movement at rest.

Radiculopathy is very common and often physical therapy or a home exercise regimen can help.

Both of these issues can be addressed by your primary care physician. Not sure if you are still doing "osteopathy treatment," but that might not be the best thing.

If you are so anxious that you cannot function, it's time to seek counseling, on line or off.

We seem to be repeating ourselves here. The help you need is there with your medical team. Please make use of them; it's what they're there for. Hanging out here is not healthy for you. I am closing this thread. Please do not open another. Spend your time where it can do some good.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back