Diagnosis
October 2006
Country
US
State
CO
City
Denver
American Express is hosting a member survey that will select a worthy project to fund. An ALS project was selected in the top 50.

If you are an American Express cardholder, you can vote on the project to fund.

See the details here: https://www.membersproject.com/home.action

The project to vote for is titled "Help Stop ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)" the funds would be sent to the "Robert Packard Center for ALS Research at Johns Hopkins"

Details here:
http://www.membersproject.com/Health_Fitness/5424

There are three more rounds, top 25, top 5 then the winner.

Pass the word...

Jim West

Last edited:
Please Vote!

Hi Everyone!

My Name is Rebecca, I'm 16 and I'm a member of "A Midwinter Night's Dream", the group that entered into AMEX Members Project. We are a group of 25 kids ranging from the ages of 15-17 who began fundraising for ALS after 2 of our beloved teachers were diagnosed with this disease. My grandpa who was also local, passed away 4 years ago from this disease, and I've lost many friends that we've met through ALSA as well. We Have raised $472,000 in the past 4 years, at our annual charity fundraiser for ALS held at Oheka Castle, in Cold Spring Hills Long Island, NY. Starting with a small fundraiser at our school, we have become one of the largest ALS fundraisers on Long Island.

One of the members of our group, decided to enter us in the American Express Members Project, and we were voted into the top 50 out of 7,000. We could win up to 5 Million Dollars for ALS, and be aired on television. This could be just what we need to really get people listening, and spread awareness for our cause.

Please, if you are able to send this information along, we need help spreading the word, and we need people to vote for this on the website.

The website for A Midwinter Night's Dream Fundraiser, is www.AMND.org
Our Video, as well as the link to AMEX Members project is on there.

Thank you so much,

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca and Jim,

Wow, Rebecca, I am so very impressed with A Midsummer Night's Dream Fundraiser -- you kids are awesome! I forwarded your post to 5430 Sports, the race directors in Boulder, Colorado, of a series of triathlons. For the past couple years, 5430 Sports has donated proceeds from their triathlons to ALS organizations. They are having a silent auction in a couple weeks to raise $$ for ALS, so I asked that they include mention of your project in their program. I've attached the director's response below. Al and David, ALSforums is a POWERFUL vehicle for spreading the word and raising money! Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thanks so much for your note, and the awesome story/email from Rebecca. We will follow-up our dinner with a note, I'm sure, and will try to include something about the AMEX Project. Raising money for ALS research is our mission, and $5M is a HUGE amount in that regard. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, and for your support. Barry.

Barry Siff
5430 Sports
www.5430sports.com

Thankyou!

Thank you so much Sharon! :-D :-D :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back