Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa222

:( my brother has ALS and his wife is his caregiver. He is extremely hostile and nothing seems to make him happy. She tries everything. Is this part of the disease or is he just being a brat?

Probably a little of both. It can be extremely frustrating and infuriating to lose all that you are used to.I was talking to my niece last night and she was asking how I was and I was telling her of the new frustration of not being able to do up shirt buttons. She didn't realize how much a little thing like that means. I told her to try holding her thumbs in one position or tape them up so you couldn't use them anymore. Frustrating? yes. Infuriating? Yes. Would it make you miserable ? Yes Even to the ones that love you? Yes. Depending on how far along your brother is he may be just in the rage stage. Most of us go through it. The S--T, G-d Da-n it why me ? type of thing. Depending on his position it may be time for some happy pills. It's something he, his wife and their doctor might want to discuss if it goes on too long. I get mad but usually don't get too crabby with my wife. My opinion. You could ask her and she might tell you differently . I'm just relatively new to this myself. Some of the others on the forum might have other ideas as well. Hope this helps a bit. You might want to check out the cdnpals.ca site as well.

Hard on Caregivers

Hi everyone....yeh I try to understand the frustration.....my father was stroked for 10 years, so I am use to someone being frustrated....Richard is pretty good, but sometimes he has a bite...LOL...now he wouldn't admit to that....we experienced another bad nightmare last night...took me like 2 hours for him to realise it was just that...a nightmare...they are so real to him....anyway...Merry Xmas....take care

Re: Hard on Caregivers

[quote:776e804a38="karenmorrison"]Hi everyone....yeh I try to understand the frustration.....my father was stroked for 10 years, so I am use to someone being frustrated....Richard is pretty good, but sometimes he has a bite...LOL...now he wouldn't admit to that....we experienced another bad nightmare last night...took me like 2 hours for him to realise it was just that...a nightmare...they are so real to him....anyway...Merry Xmas....take care[/quote:776e804a38]

Richard, here, and I admit to being obstinate, at times :oops: :roll: yeah, they seem so real (at the time !) Maybe, it's the rum & egg-nog !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back