Status
Not open for further replies.
>My OBGYN brought up ASL

kind of like a plumber suggesting brain surgery. really, most neuros don't know ALS from ASL. ALS is a neuro-muscular specialty. get to your base pcp, with a print out of this thread, and listen to what ge/she says.

You are so kind on these threads. I admire and appreciate that.

Hi, Nikky, the uveitis x 6 eps and weakness suggests multiple sclerosis as a possibility. I would ask the neuro directly about ruling that out w/ an MRI. Some forms of arthritis and inflammatory syndromes like sarcoidosis also manifest similarly. Bloodwork can be equivocal and sometimes treatment must be empirical. If you don't think the rheum is working you up appropriately, find another -- UCSD alone must have a handful at least.

But you also owe yourself the best conditions for that neuro appt -- starting with hydration, nutrition and a calm head. Stay off the net, be w/ your kids, nurture your baby-to-be and know you will have more information soon.

Best,
Laurie

Hi I thought I would chime in here. When I was pregnant with my twins I had pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. I could not write, or maneuver anything with my hands and yes they would lock up frequently. So don't stress :).
Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back