00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
east amherst
Hi All,

I've read the 'Could this be ALS' info and don't see my answer. I've lost many, many, family members to ALS.

I noticed my right eye was drooping a few weeks after Botox so just assumed it was because of that. My family noticed it in photos and I told them the same thing. Then my sister made a comment about ALS and ever since then I've been a nervous wreck. Suddenly I noticed my eyelid has been twitching intermittently since. My brother's als started in his mouth, my dad and the others started in limbs. I know you can't diagnose me, I am just wondering if anyone has ever heard of it starting this way. I can't sleep and am constantly paying attention to see if it's twitching. My Botox was done 2 months ago and now I am scared since it's been that long.

Thank you for this forum, it helped me greatly during my brother's illness.

Hi sorry about your family.

drooping eye if a neurological issue ( as opposed to botox or nerve damage from the injection) makes me think of myasthenia gravis not ALS. Re eyelid twitching when I was in the preFALS Miami study they asked about everything including twitching ( location duration frequency)except eye twitching. They specifically said they didn’t care because it was a sign of stress rather than ALS

please go see a doctor though a drooping eyelid is not normal

Hi Janice,

I'm terribly sorry about your family history. What a hard thing for a family to constantly deal with. As for your eye droopiness, I had a friend who had injections in her crowsfeet and above her eyebrow, and she experienced eye droopiness and twitching. It was the first time that had ever happened to her and it took about 6 months for the botox to completely leave her system before her eye returned to normal. But, as Nikki said, eye droopiness and twitching is not ALS.

Hope it resolves itself soon.

Take care ❤

Thank you both so much. I can't express my appreciation that you took the time to respond and making me feel a bit better.
🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back