Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
City
Milwaukee
I am a middle school teacher and my 6th graders are doing research papers on diseases and medical conditions..one of my students is researching Lou Gehrig's and would like to interview someone who's has experience with this disease (either directly or as a family member). If you would be willing to answer a few questions, please send me your email address...my student will email you a 5-8 questions survey to answer.
All answers will be kept confidential--We really appreciate your help! Thanks much!
([email protected])

Sorry you have not had any replys. I would be happy to answer a few questions. I'm a 59 year old grandmother with ALS.

[email protected]

Sharon

I thought I'd bring this thread up again, since this sounds like a worthy project. As a teacher, you are doing a great job educating your students about this rarely understood disease. We need all the awareness we can get, and who knows- maybe the interest you spark today will cause one of your young students to go into the field when they grow up. We can certainly use more researchers!

i will help

I will help too! My husband is 41 and has been living with bulbar on-set Als for two years. I will send you an email this evening. Fondly, Kelly

Thank you everyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to this thread. We really appreciate everyone's willingness to help! The goal of this project is more than teaching students how to write a research paper...I think the most important thing that students learn is that behind the 'science' part of these conditions are people whose lives and families are drastically affected and altered by their diagnosis. It is my hope that this experience will also help to develop them into more caring, sensitive, and empathetic young adults. I truly appreciate your assistance in this endeavor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back