Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jeff,

Wow, GREAT NEWS. Although I am not familiar with GBS, it is wonderful that you can regain your strength and be a “well” person once again. I am sure a heavy load has been lifted. Praise the Lord! :grin:

Do come back and look us up. Many thanks for your prayers. It is very important to us that we run the race set before us with faith, perseverance, endurance, courage and joy.

Blessings to you friend,
Judy

Hi Jeff,
My brother had GBS and made a full recovery. I am happy for you.
Blessings, Pat

I was so happy to see this this morning. I'm so happy Jeff. Made my day :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words following my DX. I am posting today because the puzzle pieces are falling into place and my hope is that by posting this I am able to save someone else the anxiety that I and I know many others go through thinking they may have ALS. Six weeks ago I developed weakness in one leg that quickly led to foot drop. I was also told that I had muscle wasting in my right leg, hamstring and buttocks (this of course doesn't happen overnight). From there I developed weakness in my other leg and eventually up my trunk along with difficulties breathing and of course facilitations and cramping. Type these into Goggle and you end up here with these unbelievably wonderful and understanding people. The doctors of course just start booking testing and in the meanwhile you start to convince yourself you must have ALS as NOTHING else explains all of your symptoms.
Well six weeks in I now know I had developed a Auto-immune disorder called Guillain Barre Syndrome which explained the weakness, facilitations and cramping and partial paralysis, but of course because it could not explain the muscle wasting I still had a lingering doubt in the back of my mind. Following an ultrasound last Friday I was also told I have a cyst compressing a nerve in my leg and that explains the muscle loss as it may have been present for quite some time as it is rather large. So six weeks in my GBS has run its course for the most part and with surgery I will likely regain most of the function in my foot and ankle. So in the end I wasted weeks worrying and one thing the people on this site quickly teach you is that every day is precious.
So PLEASE before panicking and convincing yourself you have been afflicted with this terrible disease, trust the people on here and be assured that in all likelihood there is a reasonable explanation for all of the symptoms you are experiencing. The go out and make a donation to the nearest ALS society and keep praying that we are able to find a cure for this terrible disease.

To the people on this site that provide such wonderful advice, Thank you for the support you provided me and as always my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Jeff, I am so glad your diagnoses! Plural, wow! don't include ALS. I remember wanting the doctor to "find that cyst" I was told I might have, but didn't.

I pray your surgery does completely return the use of your foot and ankle, and the GBS ends, resolving all of your symptoms.

Thank you for coming back and telling us what transpired. It's so wonderful to hear good news.

Blessings to you and yours!
Ann

Hi Ann, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, I am sure he is in a better place. He must have been a wonderful person as he was surely loved by everyone on this forum.
As to my foot, one thing this scare taught me is that as long as we are still here, a few aches and pains is nothing to worry about, (getting pretty fast with the limp anyways). Best wishes and may each day bring you a smile. (wish I knew how to insert one)
Jeff

Thank you, Jeff. Al Marble was beloved, and is with the Lord--very good for him while those left do miss him greatly.

The "smilies" are found when you click underneath this box onto "Go Advanced", rather than the "quick reply".

I've often thought what a blessing it would be to awaken from this and to retain all its lessons in order to be better at "living" a normal life. You will surely have a different perspective, as your ability to gain wisdom is more than apparent. Like a lot of trials, this has its good side. Funny, isn't it... a good kind of funny.

:mrgreen: Here's a smile for you. It's my personal favorite!

I wish every day that someone, somewhere will find a treatment to help each of you. This world gives up new secrets everyday and with any luck at all one day the secret to this disease will be revealed. While we wait and hope I am truly fortunate to enjoy the conversations we have as I have quickly learned that time with family and friends is the only really important thing we have to do today. (Except for the doctors and scientist working on this disease, they need to work their butts off today).
For you Ann
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm raising a cyber glass to the "buttless scientists" who are discovering a cure and a way to end this disease (and all its variants).
Smiling back,
Ann

OK you guys, this is getting too funny! Ann, what's in that cyber glass?:mrgreen:

Jeff, I am so glad there is a favorable answer to all your testings:)
You just might look back someday and realize that the scare you went through was a blessing in disguise. But I think you might have already done this. Nothing that happen in this life is random. There is a purpose.
Me thinks, you have come through a more compassionate man who thinks a little deeper than before:!:

I'm with Annie! I'll raise my cyber glass to you.
Cheers:lol:
Judy

11 am sitting at the PC while Linda cleaned the kitchen, Judy, I had no real glass to raise! It would have been plastic, if I'd had it, and would have contained water, LOL. I do like your "Mr. Green". Jeff's scientists, should they find a cure will cause me to send Phil next door and get a goblet, and I may raise the lowly water status to V-8! Or, if given some time, something more dramatic. Doggone. We'll all party.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Well, my glass will contain pretend water, since i can barely swallow! It is plastic like yours. Tell me now, does yours have 2 handles?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back