Reason
Other
Country
US
State
idaho
City
N/A
Besides my problems and symptoms, now this... As you may recall my ex-wife was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer earlier this year. After her many treatments, she was feeling better because she was through with the chemo, mastectomy, and radiation. She was starting to think she could go back to work. This week she informed me that the doctor found a skin lesion on her stomach, which by her description sounds like melanoma. After doing a little research, I found that there is an increased risk for melanomas in a person with breast cancer, either because of radiation treatment or because the same gene predisposes individuals to both melanoma and breast cancer. You may also recall that we have an 11 year-old daughter together. To make a long story short, I am having a difficult time digesting this latest bit of bad news and need you to keep my ex-wife, my daugther, my ex-wife's other 2 children and myself in your prayers. It was after her original diagnosis earlier this year that my MND symptoms began in earnest. Perhaps, the stress triggered the underlying motor condition? I don't know, but I am having a difficult time with this. I hope in God.

If this is not strictly a MND topic, please forgive me, but I know I can count on your prayers on this site.

I will pray for you and your ex, the children too. Keep your spirits up and think positive.
God Bless
Jeanne

I am sorry- you and all that suffer are in my prayers. I wish they would find a cure for all that ails people

Hi vmd. I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time. You can count on my prayers. Sometimes it seems like when it rains, it REALLY pours! I understand. My DH is a Pals. He was DX 8/07. Also this year my cousin was Dx with an aggressive form of breast cancer. Like your wife, she went through chemo, double mastectomy, radiation & now more chemo. She also faces a hysterectomy. My uncle (her dad) was DX this year with bladder cancer which has now spread to his liver. It can be hard to stay positive sometimes, but this forum can be a big support. I very strongly believe in the power of prayer. Hang in there. You are stronger than you know.

Linda

Jeanne, pldo, Linda:

Thank you for your support and taking the time to give me a little push!

We all need encouragement- I know first hand that the prayers of all help. My dad died of a brain tumor but for so many years people prayed for him and for us. People I did not even know- you never know what gives a person one more day

pldo:

Yes, God is in charge. I am trying to be grateful for each day that I am alive and can still function. In addition, I give thanks for each day my ex, my daughter, and other family members are alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back