Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimi

New member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
9
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
Dover Plains
Good Morning All,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I have an appointment to go to
Columbia Presbyterian to the ALS center on May 18th. My neurologist has done the
majority of tests to try and conclude his diagnosis but wants me to have 2 more tests and see me back in June. He is being extremely thorough and I am so extremely appreciative.

My gut feeling is to go ahead with the appt. with all my data that I have so far or do I wait and have the tests. They have a long waiting list at Columbia and I am just worried that I will have to wait another 2 - 3 months. They also may want to do their own testing.

All of your information and experiences in this field and on this forum have been so helpful to me that any input you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Best to all of you,
Mimi
 

Al

Moderator emeritus
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
7,960
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
I would think they will want to do all their own tests. A lot of times at first the technician does your tests and usually in these other centers the Neuro will do his own tests. Not saying the tech's do a bad job but some Neuro's like to see exactly what little things are going on themselves and it is my opinion this is better. So go when they tell you and if it takes 2-3 months for another visit at least you will have part of it done.
 

ruby ben

Active member
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
82
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
CA
State
B. C.
City
Vancouver (Surrey)
Mimi

Hi - I know how you feel, you want to know NOW! Try to have patience as they may or may now be able to tell you even after all the tests. I am now at the 3 1/2 year mark and I still have "an undiagnosed neorological disease". If it was a fast moving ALS, they would know by now so I am praying it is the slow type or PLS...............ruby from vancouver
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top