Need Recommendations of Electric Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.

COlisa

Distinguished member
Hi All,
My husband has always used razor with shaving cream (wet shaving). This is getting harder and harder for him to do on his own, so i think I have convinced him to try an electric razor/ electric shaver.

Need a recommendation for an EXCELLENT electric razor that is light weight and easy to handle, but gives a great shave. Needs to be easy for him to use, but also easy for me to help him use if he needs help.

I figure i get one shot at this. If he hates it, he will not use it.

Thanks for any recommendations you can give me.

Cheers,
Lisa

Hi,

My husband uses a Norelco with triple heads. It is lightweight and rechargeable. I know he does not like it as well as shaving cream and a razor, but seems to have no problems using it. Just an opinion...

Lynn
wife of PALS diagnosed 08/08

Hi, as someone who has never used anything but an electric razor in 35 years of shaving I think that as long as you get one that's light, cordless (and will hold a charge for several days at least) and comfortable to the hand as well as the face you can't go wrong. I like the triple head Phillips because it is a rotary shaver which eliminates the vibration that some of the back and forth type of razors have. The one I have is easy to clean as it's waterproof and you can run it under the tap. Some electric razors can be used with shaving cream or gel as well which might help make it more comfortable. As far as comfort goes a lot depends on the face and the beard and so my experience is one of someone doesn't have a heavy beard growth.

I hope this helps

I use a rechargeable Norelco triple head, and it works fine, but I find I have a hard time pressing the button to turn it off and on. If possible, try to test this before purchasing.

I used a blade razor up until about a year ago. I have a thick, heavy beard and my 5 o'clock shadow shows up around noon. I've tried a few electric razors and the one that I've found works the best for me is the Braun Pulsonic. It is faster and gives a closer shave than any others I have tried. Although it still isn't as good as a blade I don't have to worry about losing an ear.

Thanks all! I have a couple of follow on questions:

BarryG: What brand do you use?

ZenArcher: Which Braun Pulsonic do you use? When I google it I see different models that range from $120-$250.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and the tip about testing the on/off button before we buy.

Cheers,
Lisa

I have the Braun Pulsonic 9595.

Hi Lisa;

I use a Philips Speed-XL model HQ8150. This make and model might only be available in Canada, I don't know but the box has a website that you could check out, it's
www.philips.com/shaving.

Good luck!

Barry

Hi Lisa;

I use a Philips Speed-XL model HQ8150. This make and model may only be available in Canada, I don't know but the you can go their website and see if it's sold where you live.

Barry

Hi Lisa,
My hubby tried many of them..but with his super thick beard..did not find one that would get close enough. I actually have gotten quite skilled at shaving him with a razor. Believe me we have some stressful moments...I do not always do it the way he would. Never fun when I nick him..but I have to remind him that I have seen him come out of the bathroom in the past with little patches of tissue absorbing his boo boo's. I am here for you if it comes to you helping him. I promise the g-tube pattern will be in the mail this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back