Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Grande Prairie
We got a neck brace for my husband about 3 weeks ago.Dosn't work well ,puts to much pressure on his chin. I went looking on the forum for some other type of brace,and found everyone is in the same boat,nothing works.The only thing we found is tying his head to the back of his chair for watching t.v. But he says he cann't walk around with the chair.lol.
You would think that someone would have come up with something by now.als has been around for a long time.Any way my husbands brother & him have been brain storming and hopefully will come up with something.If anyone has found a brace that works let us know.

kenneva,

Found this ALS website where there is an article from a nurse about neck muslce weakness in PALS and also some examples of neck braces. You may have seen this already but thought I would share the link just in case....

http://www.focusonals.com/neck_supports.htm

Dana

if you use the search feature, someone else complained about bought ones some time ago, and made their own, their instructions are in the forum somewhere, just do the search,

I got a pediatric cervical collar for my husband, very soft and not as wide a adult. He likes it.

funny , me and my brother stay up for hours trying to build a head support!

Thanks everyone .
I think I have a brace ordered from the U.S. that will work. Will let you know.

Thanks everyone .
I think I have a brace ordered from the U.S. that will work. Will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back