Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Warner Robins
I am a 32 year old male with some wierd things going on with my body. Starting at the beginning of December, my right calf, ankle, and muscle on the outside of my shin began to feel wierd. It was sort of like I had been involved in some physical activity, which I hadn't. It mostly feels stiff, or strained. Now, just above my ankle twitches sometimes and I had a night where that muscle on the outside of my shin twitched for hours. As you have come to expect, I googled the symptoms and whammo! Just after Christmas I went to my GP and he said it was probably nerves and he put me on Zoloft. While I do not feel nearly as "on edge" as I did before the medication, I still have those symptoms in my lower right leg. They have progressed to the top of my foot, which feels like I dropped something on it, or kicked something a little hard. No atrophy or real weakness has came along that I can really tell. I can stand on one foot easily, as well as stand on my toes and heel with no problem. I find myself constantly worried about drop foot, but haven't really seen anything. I have a follow up with my GP next month and I'm wondering should I ask for an EMG, or just calm down and try and put this out of my mind?

Any suggestions or feedback would be much appreciated.

--Booker

Booker,

I would schedule a follow up with your GP, and let him know that although you appreciate the mellowness your symptoms are still troubling you. You might want to look into a referal to a neurologist. Lots of different things could be describing your symptoms, and it probably wouldn't hurt to get some basic imaging and testing done.

Take care,

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back