00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Cleveland
Hi-

I've been experiencing swallow difficulties for two weeks - liquid and solids. No choking but feeling need to swallow more times, etc. Also have had neck tightness / pain underneath chin, tongue and in other places. No speaking issues yet.

I had an emg done last month on my limbs- which was fine. Should I push for a bulbar emg? Would have to pay out of pocket so only want to do if totally necessary. I have widespread twitches as well (which is why first emg was ordered). Clinical examination was fine last week

I'm 38 yo if it helps

Thank you for all you do

Bulbar onset would have shown on the limb EMG and does not present as you've described. If problems persist, would see an ENT. Also would consider allergies, which are peaking now, as a cause. You can try a nasal steroid and/or oral antihistamine.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks I talked to an ent doctor yesterday - he said I have acid reflux. But I dont really understand why my swallowing difficulties appeared all the sudden since I assume I've had acid reflux for a while (timing is especially odd given the increase in twitches I've experienced at the same time). I also have been experiencing tightness under my chin which I dont see as connected to acid reflux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back