Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Middle America
We bought a used overhead lift system and I'm searching for the right sling. From what I've found online I have a 2 point lift? Everything I'm finding is for a 4 or 6 point lift. The lift is a Liko 200 and was told it was bought last year and only used for 3 weeks before her husband passed, so I didn't think I would have much trouble finding one. I'm looking for a U sling and something for the shower too. Any suggestions. Universal type slings are much less expensive than the name brand...I was hoping to save some money.

Would the 4 or 6 point slings adapt to a 2 point harness? Any sites you would suggest I look? I'm attaching a pic of my lift so you can what I have.

Thanks for your help,
CarolSue

Overhead Lift 2.jpg

We were so frustrated with our lift and slings in the beginning, we were nearly ready to replace our lift when I finally sprung for the Liko HighBack Hygiene Sling, Model 55, heartily recommended on this forum by JiminVA. It cost nearly as much as our lift (which was an inexpensive one as lifts go but why I had resisted). It has been perfect for us and worth every cent. I learned through this experience that the sling is at least as important as the lift--maybe moreso.

The quality is truly amazing and it makes handling my 6'1", 250 lb. guy reasonably easy all by myself even though he has very minimal use of arms and legs and can no longer sit up. My PALS can even use the toilet/bidet again because it will keep him in a seated position when I lower him onto the seat. That has helped so much with the BM situation (for us both)! (Hope that's not TMI.) Some days I transfer my husband 7 or 8 times a day, and it's perfectly doable now. The Liko site has training videos that show how it is used with the 2-point cradle.

Looks like you found a wonderful lift--hope it serves you well!

Yes, CarolSue, with a 4 or 6-point sling you would loop the "extra" loops over the hook on that side on your 2-point cradle. I would look on the Liko site first. There are lots of Liko slings. Then you can price-shop or see if you can find a generic equivalent. The problem is that a generic U-sling for a floor lift may not work perfectly on an overhead 2-point cradle, so I wouldn't spend a lot if you try it.

I see medicaleshop has some Likos and they are usually pretty competitive, though no doubt, Liko upcharges for its slings as their designs are fairly unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back