Not open for further replies.

OverlyDone

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
First, I want to thank anyone in advance for your replies as I know that this is difficult for some. I appreciate you taking the time to hear what I have to say.

I am a 47 yr old male currently and looking for advice on what to do. This has been going for a while so please bear with me.

In the last week of January, 2020. I started to have twitches in my left hand that had been going for about 4 days or so and lasted almost 2 weeks. One night I sat down to watch TV and noticed / felt twitching in my left calf and foot. I could visibly see the muscles moving. This continued for the rest of the night. The next night, same thing but with a sporadic twitch in my thighs that lasted about 4-5 seconds each.

I just happened to have an appt with a neurologist at the end of February from an MRI that I had had the previous September so while I was there I discussed the twitching. He did an EMG on my left arm and told me that there was nothing wrong with my nerves or muscles at the time. Again, as it was still occurring, I asked about the twitching and he told me he felt it would just stop in time.

Over the course of the next few months, I was having sporadic twitching all over, arms, sides, shoulders, hand and legs. The timing would vary on the twitching from a few seconds to a few minutes. My left calf continued all the time.

Other things that have been going on… Things feel heavier to lift. Picking up my daughter, who is only 7 and 50 lbs, Carrying plates to the table for dinner it feels like I'm a bit weaker, etc. My arms tire easily and quickly where they start to burn like I have been working them out. I need to stop and rest them for a minute and start again. I have an on and off ache in my left arm and some days feel like pinching thing to pick them up is almost numbing.

I have noticed a feeling of not speaking correctly as well. While no one seems to notice and when I ask I am told I sound fine, the feeling of S and TS sounds are off and transition between certain letters makes me mumble unless I speak the work slowly and have to overly articulate it.

We are now 2 years later and due to Covid, things were put on hold as the shutdown happened. When I could return, my doctor has run multiple blood tests and only found inflammation. He tested for muscle damage with 2 different tests and both came back clean. He tested my strength with pushing and resistance as well and didn’t say anything. All the while, my left calf and foot still twitch all day long. Recently, I noticed that if I shut my eyes very tight, when I open them, they twitch uncontrollably for about a minute.

The question that I have is… with all the experiences here, understanding this would seem to be a very slow progression, is anyone aware of it starting in this manner? All I think about throughout the day is this and the impact on my daughter and what I should do. I am sorry to bring this to you. I have read the sticky multiple times and understand everything there but I feel as if I have nowhere else to turn right now.

This doesn’t sound familiar

what were the muscle tests that were normal? What was the inflammation test?

I think your symptoms are twitching and feelings of things not working but you have no failure per the doctor and your friends and family?

Hi Nikki.... Thanks for the reply. The muscle tests were for CK level and Aldolase Serum and both came back in normal ranges. The inflammation test was a sedimentation rate test and according to my PCP, shows inflammation in the body bot non-specific.

You are correct in stating that I do not have failure of any limb at this time. Its the seeming progression that brings me here.

I think you are fine but if you need reassurance and this was your pcp revisit your neuro who would be able to detect any changes

Sorry to see you are experiencing this and are concerned.
Try reading here really carefully to help work through this

I know it seems like progression to you, but there is nothing alarming so far as a terminal illness, which seems to be what the doctors are telling you. Please work with your doctors as they can examine you, while we can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back