Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Killeen
Hello everyone, my name is Travis, I am 26 year old, an active Brazilian jiu-jitsu competitor and weight lifter... I didn't realize anything about als until I looked up the ice bucket challenge and wow I was so shocked/scared about it.. I have donated and plan on continuing to do so and I appreciate the community you guys have here so much... Anyways this year has been rough on me my father had thyroid cancer, and my grandmother passed away from lung cancer so now I over react to anything :( ! I set up a nuero appointment but it's a month away and figured maybe I could get some opinions here if what I have going on sounds like anything other than anxiety, my girlfriend is a nurse and she thinks I'm a nut right now... Sorry if a response is wasting anyone's time, I value my lives and the lives of everyone very much so if I wasn't so panicked I wouldn't waste your time... Anyways about 3 weeks ago I had a kind of tingle/sleepy feeling in my right foot, it went away but then a week or so ago it started twitching a lot and feeling sore/tired, the twitching went on pretty much for a week, and just today it let up some but is still slightly twitching and tingling... I'm freaked out, and I know there are no doctors here to diagnose, and I've read the stickies, but I would just like someone else's opinion, thank you all

Hi Travis,

please see a doctor about your issues.

I'm so happy to tell you that your symptoms are NOTHING LIKE ALS.

Please stay off the internet and get assistance with your anxiety so that whatever is going on can be found and treated.

Hi Travis,
I agree with everything Tillie just posted. Please listen to her advice and take care!

Thank you both, helps more than you know

Well -- Several of us have tried to share our experience with you and your fears.

The consensus seems to be that you need to resolve your issues with medical professionals and/or do not have ALS.

We do empathize with your fears, but there is no more we can help you with at this time.

This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just not on this forum.

You asked, we answered, so please move on.

If you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. Make sure you tell your medical practioner what you are feeling as well as how you are feeling.

No need to reply. Goodbye and best regards.

-----
Max
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back