Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
HK
State
HK
City
Hong Kong
Hi there, i have posted a question about am i having ALS around 6 month ago.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/15002-als.html

Thanks to laurel suggested i dont have ALS, he suspected i have Monomelic amyotrophy (MMA), not ALS. After 6 month later, my situation getting a litte worser. thoughts flashing in my mind again, am i having ALS...?

During this 6 months,
apart from footdrop still exist and make me walk slower,
my arms muscles started twitching, not very strong but i can feel they twitching inside when i holding something heavy (not very heavy,i dont have this problem before).

Fingers twitching very noticeable when holding mouse and stretch the fingers.
unable to grip things such as a piece of paper with two fingers like a forceps.
forefinger feeling weird when hitting the button on keyboard, loosing my dexterity.

facial muscle twitching when smile, caninus and Quadratus labii superioris muscle twitching can be seen.

tongue also twitching, i tried to protruding my tongue and i can see it twitching a bit constantly from my mirror.

as i remember MMA should be affecting my limbs only, doctors pointed out my brother having the same disease because of the Hereditary. But from my view, yes it looks like MMA to my brother, he's suffering from muscle weakness on limb, no sight of muscle twitching.
But to me, limbs and facial both muscles are constantly twitching, i am so worry things getting worst later on..

i need to confirm am i having the ALS ? muscle training can slow down the progress of the disease?

i need to confirm am i having the ALS ? muscle training can slow down the progress of the disease?

The symptoms you describe are not specific to ALS. They can occur under many circumstances. The only way that you are going to know what is truly wrong with you is to work closely with your doctors and get to the root cause of your problems.

And, no, muscle training does not slow the progression of ALS. It can, in fact make things worse. See your doctor for his recommendations concerning the type and intensity of exercise you should be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back