Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
AZ
City
phoenix
Hello my name is Mike i am a 34 year old male. I have been reviewing this site for about a week and think it is great. I am conscerned that i might have als or bfs but cannot distinguish the difference even after reviewing all the posts. I started having numbing sensations in the back of my arms about 2 months ago and weak or tired neck muscles about 4 months ago that would come and go. About 3 weeks ago I noticed fatigue in my right arm. All the while being overly tired. I went to my pcp and he did an ultra sound thinking maybe thyroid probs but that came back ok. The problems magnified over the last 3 weeks starting with muscle fascs and continued fatigue on my right arm and leg. Most of the fascs are on the right side and eye twitch right side also that started 2 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago i went to 2 neuros 1 of which did blood work that was o.k. They both did strength test and said was normal. However i have noticed within the last week that my right leg feels like is weaker and have sporadic pains from ankle to calf back to glute muscle. The ankle is like a mild sprain and the longer i stand the worse it feels. I am very athletic so this is really mind boggling. I did play basketball aprox 1 week and 1/2 ago and was able to play normal but have felt progressivly worse since. And yes I do have anxiety and have researched these symptoms thoroughly all of which seem to shoot me back here. HOPE YOU DONT THINK I AM WASTING YOUR TIME. I have the upmost respect for all of you who are suffering from this disease and just would like some feedback. Thank you

Mike,

You were seen by two neuros two weeks ago. You got the all clear. Were you told to return for a follow up?

Read the stickies please. Big difference between perceived weakness and clinical weakness. Slow up a bit on the exercise and see if it gets better. If not, go back to your GP.

But for the love of Mike - don't be thinking you have a fatal disease.

I am not a dr and I don't have als, but I doubt you have it. You may be having a problem and you may need to go back to the dr. Your anxiety could be making things worse.

Everyone twitches now and then. It could be bfs or maybe chronic fatigue. I don't know but try to relax. I really hope you can get to the bottom of it. Good luck.

My post went to moderation... but I agree with Elaine. I hope my post shows up later.

Thanks for the quick response. Yes they both said strength test looks good. I hope this does not sound stupid but I am in relatively decent shape that had good strength test and it feels like there not looking into the underlying symptoms. So whats your first thought. 1. muscle fascs r. Leg, both arms mainly right, eye twitches right only, Muscle pain in right leg, ankle pain, calf tightness and glute tightness. 3. Fatigue and excess sleeping 4. Throat weakness slightly tired tongue no slurring. I know your not a doctor but i hate feeling like the doctor is just trying to get to the next patient and not hearing my concerns. Do symptoms generally happen this rapidly if it was ALS. Just seems like a roller coaster of symptoms so fast with most symptoms the past 2 to 3 weeks. THANKS AGAIN your all a huge help (;

No they don't come on that fast. Everyone twit ches everynow and then. Stress and anx iety can make it worse. If you are unhappy with the dr find one who will listen to you.

Maybe look into chroni c fatigue. I hope you find out soon what is going on but I think you can relax about al s.

I agree with Vickie and Elaine... the symptoms don't all start that quickly in different parts of your body. The neurologist would be looking for signs of muscle damage in the bloodwork, and your body's responses to that thumping, tapping and scraping he does with little hammer. While you may have something to be concerned about, most likely its something far more benign. Give yourself some time and stop thinking about it for a bit. Good luck!

Thanks again guys I am leaving on vacation to Moab for a couple days will try and take my mind off this. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT UPCOMING WEEKEND. I appreciate all of your time and I will be praying for all of you.

Utah or Jordan?

Either way, have a wonderful holiday Mike!

Utah for 3 days. SHOULD BE FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back